The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 20 Results
  1. Fish
    Does this look like an infection, or a bite wound? Herman the Pea Puffer has been a successful resident of this low stocked community 30g tank for well over 6 months with no deaths... unless you count the snails; it's a graveyard. The tank is moderately planted, and CO2 fed. Ammonia and...
  2. Fish
    I have an 11 gallon nano that currently has 10 chili rasboras, 4-5 ottos, 2 khulis, assasin snails, and a red pencilfish, and a very fertile colony of cherry shrimp that grows continually. I will soon be upgrading it to a 20 gallon rimless nano. I'm wondering if I can get a pea puffer and maybe...
  3. Fish
    Hi all, this is my first post on here! I currently have a couple scarlet badis and a pea puffer in a 10g planted. I recently got a 20g long and am currently scaping and am going to put them in there when it’s done in a few weeks. I was hoping that I could get a small colony of live food in...
  4. Fish
    Hi, I am getting a 10 gallon planted tank with Kuhli Loaches and maybe a single pea puffer. I was wondering what fish would go well with a pea puffer in a ten. I was thinking a schooling fish. Have any suggestions?
  5. Fish
    i've read that pea puffers produce a lot of waste, and that anything that could help alleviate the waste, like shrimps or snails, are gonna be absolutely destroyed by the puffer. Is there anything I can do to curb the puffer's waste production? I personally wouldn't mind having to do more...
  6. Equipment
    So I was wondering what yall might reckon would be good filter media for an Aquaeon quiet flow LED pro 10 in my planted tank with pea puffers a few ghost shrimp and a loach as clean up crew?
  7. Tank Journals
    Hi all, I recently joined this forum so I thought I would share with you my story and most recently completed project. About 10 months ago my sister got a betta fish in a 4 gallon aquarium. This sparked the memory of my first ever fish tank. A ten gallon aquarium in which we had several...
  8. Fish
    Hi, I have a 5 gallon tank and a 10 gallon tank, both planted and cycled. I want to get a betta for one and a pea puffer for the other. I am on the fence with pea puffers and hope someone out there owns them to answer. So many people say to just get one, which would mean the 5 gallon. Others...
  9. Fish
    Hi everyone! I want to share some successful results of an experiment I've done with Biter, my pea puffer. She is a super aggressive little tyke, and she will eat anything that moves in her tank. Annoyingly, if there's any algae in her tank, there isn't anything that can eat it and escape her...
  10. Fish
    I've been admiring pea puffers for a while now. I have read that they should be in 5 gallons or bigger. Do they need that much for the space, or just for water quality. I've been pondering setting up a 2 gallon tank with a 5 gallon sump filter, so there would be 6-7 gallons of water circulating...
  11. Fish
    So I have a few options. 1 in a 8 gallon 3 in a 10 gallon I've heard that many owners have deaths in the first few weeks. I'm paranoid if I get 1 it might not make it, and then I'm not sure when I can get more as I'm driving 2 hours to get them. What would you guys get? 3 in case and hope at...
  12. Fish
    I'm setting up a heavily planted rimless dwarf puffer tank. It's a 10 gallon and I'm hoping on about 2-3 puffers. Will I need a lid? I've read conflicting information on if they're jumpers or not. Thank you any comments, any other tips would be appreciated and if you have a dwarf puffer tank...
  13. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi there! I am looking for some advice on what kind of tank I should get for my fiancee because she is looking to keep pea puffers. From what I have read, I can keep one male and two females without issues. If this is wrong, please correct me. I am also reading that people also keep amano...
  14. Tank Journals
    So, I've finally decided to try a med-high tech setup after about a year of only low tech. A couple days ago a friend gave me a 10 gallon with three dwarf puffers.There are two males and a female. Equipment: Malfunctioning Tetra heater Crappy led light Whisper filter The heater keeps...
  15. Kentucky
    **GONE** I have two pea puffers that need re-homed, but I'm uncomfortable shipping these guys. I'll be driving from Beaver Dam KY to Richmond KY area on the 6th and I'll be able to hit anywhere in between really, for anyone here in KY that wants them! PM me if you're at all interested...
  16. Fish
    I caught this pic of my new Pea Puffer today, and thought I should share it, because it is SO DARN CUTE. Enjoy!
  17. Fish
    So, I have been planning to get a pea puffer for my 10 gallon with plants, (swords, java fern, crypts) and I noticed that my LFS has them in brackish water, (1.005). I have known pea puffers to be specifically freshwater, and when I asked about it, they said that theirs are not freshwater, and...
1-17 of 20 Results