The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 323 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    This tank has been in storage for awhile after I took down my first concerted effort at a dynamic scape. I salvaged the structure I built for it and used it in my 10 gallon tank about 2 years ago. It had been slated for use as a quarantine tank, but I haven't had much to quarantine in the last 2...
  2. Lighting
    Hey folks, newbie aquarist here. I have 2×1.5×1.5 feet tank with preassurised CO2 injected. Currently I am using Sunsun ADS 500C led light, its pretty decent white led light but I wanted to switch to good WRGB light. Budget wise I can afford Chihiros WRGB 2 slim (60cm) or WRGB 2(45cm). I did my...
  3. DIY
    Hi yall, been lurking on these forums for a few years now and this place has given me a ton of useful knowledge and advice when I first got started in this hobby. I would like to give back a little by documenting a quick tutorial on getting a custom timer to work that works with the finnex 24/7...
  4. Lighting
    Im looking to make some inexpensive lights for frog / lizard / snake vivs. I was drawn to these because I can easily make "U" shaped lights with them - and because they are very bright and very cheap. I can get waterproof and aluminum channel but for my use, I can just adhere them to a thin...
  5. Lighting
    Hi, at the moment, my 28 gallon has an aerogarden on it to light it, using LED lights, the aerogarden is just a hydroponic system with nice lights. It has the most plants in it right now, I'm growing them in there and then will propagate them in other tanks. Will this light be sufficient for the...
  6. Lighting
    What lights would be recommended for Waterbox Clear Pro 7225 167G (72.3"L ×25.3"W ×23.6"H) tank. I'm planning to grow high-light plants using fertilizer and Co2. All the on-line reviews I'm seeing are pointing to the use of Fluval Plant 3.0 or the little know about Finnex Planted+ 24/7 ALC...
  7. Lighting
    Alright so I have a question for you all. Which fixture and why? Someone was throwing out Hydro Planet T5HO 2foot fixture(4bulbs) and I happened to find it on the side of the road. Looks very similar to this fixture. It looks like it's in really good shape, I still have to test it out to make...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi guys, So I have been struggling to get some coloration out of some rotala and also growth has been slow even with CO2 while using a nicrew deluxe LED. I especially have problems in the back corners. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Chihiros RGB A plus and wanted to get your thoughts. 1.) Do...
  9. Lighting
    Hi Guys, I have a planted tank with mostly low light plants and some medium light plants, I had 3x36w pll lights installed before but 1 of those had stopped working a while ago and now 2 of them have stopped working. Details on these lights below...
  10. Lighting
    Hello, Switching back from reef tanks and would love some advice. I'm going to have discuss and wanted to run some low-moderate lights. I have T5's but I wouldn't mind switching to LED. If I ran Kessils would I need 360s or could I get by with 160s? What lights will show off the fish and...
  11. Lighting
    So i recently got back into the Planted tank hobby after a few years of being out of the game. I decided to revive my old 37 gallon aquarium i used to have which i believe is 24 inches tall. Im going with a soil substrate topped with grave to grow Amazon Swords and a bed of Lutea and a few red...
  12. Lighting
    Hello! This is my first post so have mercy on my soul... I am currently in the process of setting up a 90 gal planted (low to medium light plants) tank. The tank is standard 48" x 18" x 24" and will eventually house mainly clown loaches and java fern, swords, anubias', vallisneria, etc. I will...
  13. Lighting
    I currently have a 10gal that I want to grow a carpet of hairgrass in. I'm injecting co2 into and need to find a light for it. I have on hand a 100w LED grow light. Is it feasible to use this? I have dimmed it using the built in function and only brought its lux intensity down by about half...
  14. Lighting
    I have two 45 gallon Osaka tanks that I've done a journal on here: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12-tank-journals/1302385-two-old-osaka-cubes-getting-makeover.html Tanks are 24"x18"x24" tall. With these being open top and having powerful airstones that come on periodically, I feel like my...
  15. Ohio
    MODERATOR EDIT: You already know you can't promote your Craigslist listings. Come on.
1-15 of 323 Results