The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 74 Results
  1. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Yesterday, I finally finished my 3 day test for cycling a 30-gallon tank for an axolotl. I have been cycling for nearly 4 months. I had been using a heater to encourage bacteria growth during a fishless cycle. Last night, I removed the heater (abruptly) and then did a 50% water change. What I...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi all! I have a shrimp tank with a set heater bringing the temperature up to 73.4f/23C, and I’ve been told by some to remove the heater (not sure how to do this without shocking the shrimp), which would bring the tank down to my room temp of 66f/19C. this is a new tank, that I have had a few...
  3. Equipment
    75 gallon new build I picked up a 525gph polar vortex canister filter because I liked the power for the price. (Plan on packing it full of high end media from Seachem.) The next thing I would like to figure out is how to have an external heating system. The guy at the aquarium shop handed me a...
  4. Equipment
    I know two smaller heaters are usually recommended for a larger tank. I'd like to get a brand with a remote thermostat as it just seems easier to manage. Any recommendations? TIA, Roy
  5. Virginia
    Hi everyone. I am trying to get everything I need to get my new 75 gallon going and the only thing I have left for my initial setup is a 300w heater. In my current 37 gallon I have a eheim which I’ve been pleased with so far. I was thinking about ordering an eheim e series 300w but am worried...
  6. Planted Nano Tanks
    After some research I've been planning a fluval 95g Co2 kit. But I'm planning on taking the regulator and putting in on a 20oz Co2 tank. Will be buying a better defuser/bundle counter. Here's the products https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008ZAAP2K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_D9X7PHC1247DHD8JXBAW...
  7. Equipment
    I'm looking at getting an FX6 soon to go along with my purchase of a 90 gallon aquarium, but trying to find different pieces of equipment that are compatible with it's 1" hose is proving to be quite a challenge. It looks like I will probably have to DIY some of the setup but just want to confirm...
  8. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello, I am very new here, just created my intro post tonight. I have spent several hours over the last days reading lots of posts but decided it would be so much easier to start my own! I have a new Spec V I want to set up with plants for my Betta, Rex. He is currently housed in a 5.5 gal...
  9. Equipment
    Hi All, I've used this forum for a lot of my fish equipment suggestions in the past as a reader but after some back and forth regarding filtration systems and types I could use some advice. Me: A beginner hobbyist Tank: Aqueon 15 Gallon LED Column Tank + Stand Heater: Fluval E 100Watt...
  10. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hey Guys, need your help! Trying to get my baby tears to carpet Specs I have a 7 Gal nano cube 30C Nano fluval 15 watt plant spectrum LED Amazonia aqua soil with sand on top pressurized co2 (1 bps) small marineland penguin filter small whisper filter no heater (temp naturally at 78-79)...
  11. Planted Nano Tanks
    I have a 2.5 gallon RCS tank with about 20 shrimp in there. Got them for around a dollar a piece and I would like to start my own colony. I have duckweed, frogbit, anarcharis, a moss ball, water wysteria, a banana plant, hornwort, and java moss in my tank. I live in Central Florida and it gets a...
  12. Equipment
    I have been hearing and reading about more and more heater malfunctions and am really starting to consider hooking up thermostats to all my heaters. I'm kinda unsure about which work well and whether they work with all heaters. I really don't want to spend over $50-$75 per tank and was hoping to...
  13. Equipment
    Hi, I am looking to build my first true high tech system and I am still thinking how hide all hardware to stand. Is a sump only solution how to put PH, temp probes, auto dosing system, twinstar, auto top off and what ever? I am tech nerd so I want more or less all cool toys with control system...
  14. Equipment
    Ive noticed today that there seems to be sand at the bottom/tip of my heater. Theres also condensation near the top. Its fully submerged and came with the tank secondhand, i dont know how old it is. Its maintaining heat fine and been in constant use for about two weeks.
  15. Fish
    After 3 long days of work and generally not seeing or doing anything with my tank, today I found that the majority of my cardinal tetras have ich. Surprisingly, the other fish in the aquarium appear to not have any signs. I immediately moved all of the cardinals into a 5gallon quarantine with an...
  16. Planted Nano Tanks
    After seeing clean nice planted 1 gal picos, wanted to try it myself, missing obvious points: they had no heater and no source of water movement. Now I have plants in 18x6x7 in. rimmed rectangular tank, 25W adjustable Theo heather and smallest Tom Dive Clean Mini Internal Filter, 48 gph...
  17. Equipment
    I am looking to get a new 50 watt heater. I noticed Elive has come out with a line of heaters, they seemed pretty nice. Anyone have any experience with the?
  18. Equipment
    I know I want an Aqueon Pro but I'm not sure if I should get 150w or 200w. My tank is 37g (probably more like 38 accounting for extra water flowing thru canister filter). Ambient temp of the room its in is 68-70 degrees, maybe a little warmer in summer. I want to keep the tank between 80-82.
  19. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've had a few tanks in the past but nothing recently, so I've decided to put my old 37 gallon column tank to use. What I really want is to have a moderately planted natural looking setup with a pair/trio of German blue rams as the centerpiece fish with a school of...
1-19 of 74 Results