The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 8 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    For months I've been reading about these very cool shrimp. Finally I gave in to them and after further research decided to take the leap. I did things in a sort of backward kind of way, as well. I got in contact with a vendor in Hawaii who, through numerous emails, convinced me that with the...
  2. Planted Nano Tanks
    Since there has been a lot of talk recently about hawaiian red shrimp, I've decided to share my tank. Specs: Tank Size: 2.5 gallon AGA Substrate: Crushed Florida Coral Hardscape: Red Lava Rock (BBQ lava rock) Filtration: Box filter filled with filter floss and ceramic media Heating: 7.5 watt...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I found a CD of old images of my shrimp tank from back in November 2007. You can see all 52 on my Picasa page here: http://picasaweb.google.com/ernopena/OpaeUlaHawaiianRedShrimpNov2007
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Here are a few photos of my Opae Ula tank from Feb 2008. Unfortunately, I no longer have this 2.5G tank with breeding population of almost 100. I had to give this up to a friend when I moved from Los Angeles to New York. I think the following items were important for the success of this tank...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Wanted to let you all know I put a small Japanese Moss Ball into my Hawaiian Red Shrimp set up about 9 weeks ago and it's doing really well. The shrimp love picking it over. There is no sign of brown algae or other stress. It looks fluffier from all of the attention it gets. Never saw where...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Is there anyone currently breeding and selling Hawaiian Red Shrimp in the 48 US states? There is a place in Hawaii selling them as feeders but I'm trying to cut down on shipping costs ($35) plus I don't need 50 of them for a 1-3g tank. One person did have them about a year ago, Franks, but they...
1-6 of 8 Results