The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 32 Results
  1. Planted Nano Tanks
    Okay perfect idea. Let's take the 10 Gallon challenge. Show off your best achievement at a DENSELY PLANTED 10 GALLON aquarium. BONUS POINTS FOR: Having diminished lighting, Natural Window lighting or just 1 CFL bulb Having a diminished filter, no filter or a small airstone Before and After...
  2. Fish
    Recently lost my 3yo male Betta Lunar and am looking for ideas to for his tank after I clean, set-up and cycle it. Tank Details 3.5 Gallon - Semi Circle. Heated, Lighted and Filtered. Aquascape (will change slightly) River Stone and Flourite Black Sand Substrate (1) Anubias Nana rooted to a...
  3. Tank Journals
    Just thought I'd start another tank journal for my 10 gallon which was set up ~4 days ago. It looks much prettier than my 40 gallon (Most likely because of experience and cost). I have 21 Stems on S. Repens on the way for carpeting :) Don't ask for plant names because I have no idea :)...
  4. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I am fairly new to the hobby, and am starting a 5.5 gallon planted tank. I recently purchased an Odyssea 14" 24watt power compact looking at a 6500K bulb. Along with my Aquatek mini Co2 regulator, will this be enough light to grow an HC carpet in Aquasoil Amazonia? Pardon the pun but I'm not up...
  5. Planted Nano Tanks
    I bought a large straight sided vase at Marshall's recently to experiment with dirt. This dirt may be a risk because it is the local farmer's compost product which includes cow manure. However, it's been sitting in a pile next to my driveway for at least a year and a half so the rain and...
  6. Lighting
    hello =) I was wondering if anyone could help me find lights that would work with high tech plants?im looking for 2-3 WPG and the price isn't a factor aslong as its reasonable The dimensions are 36x12x20" thanks!
  7. Fish
    So I picked up a 10g at Petco's sale and want to do something with it. :) My experience has been with a little 2.5g betta tank and messing around with shrimp, so I want easy-ish fish until I have faith that I won't do something terrible. Plans: Light to moderate planting. 6-8 schooling fish...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I am getting ready to move my T5 HO light fixture from my 10gallon tank to a 20 along with a compressed gas CO2 system. I haven't started the tank yet and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to use for a sub-straight and what kind of plants would do well in a tank this size...
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a 10 gallon aquarium and currently have a single 15W sunlight balance bulb for lighting. i know that this is not enough light for my plants and am looking to upgrade my lighting to something that's going to give me plenty of light for my plants. i have a dwarf hair grass and a small patch...
  10. Fish
    I have a 20 gallon long, and was planning on going with... 4 X Albino Corys 1 X Marble Molly 5 X Green Tiger Barbs 1 X Dwarf Gourami Is this a good stock?
  11. Lighting
    Hello Everyone, Just joined!!! I have been using these forums for a while but finally decided to get some direct advice! I have had a 20 gallon Low tech tank for about a year now. It has been a blast and I got everything perfectly balanced. I finally got a 55 Gallon tank on sale and just set it...
  12. Substrate
    So I've pretty much read every forum and article google will send me to regarding the walstad method and I've even read her book (Skipping over the heavy scientific parts) but there are still a few things I'm questioning before I go dirting a 10 gallon I'm planning. From what I've read, I've...
  13. Lighting
    Hello, I'm starting a new 20 gallon dirted planted tank, no CO2. I was wondering what some are some good light fixtures I could use? I had great help on my last tank from the forum, and I'm glad to be asking questions here :)
  14. New Member Introductions
    Greetings, I wanted to share my 10 Gallon Reef Tank Live Rock setup. My setup is only 3 days old. You can see my dead rock in the background. I will be adding more dead rocks to be seeded and I am thinking of adding some zoanthid polyps, ricordea, mushrooms, frogspawn (euphyllia) as well as...
  15. Tank Journals
    Hi! I got this tank a couple months ago but recently decided to do a rescaping with purpose so set this up a couple weeks ago. This is my first try at aquascaping (and really my first fish tank) so criticism is VERY welcome Equipment: 5 gallon Fluval Chi tank Finnex 26 watt clip on light...
  16. Tank Journals
    Visual log of my progress. Too much to be said for now, only wish that I hadn't tried to get so fancy with the whole thing! Had tried to add in DIY skimmers, had a power head, have a sizable HOB but am currently only using it to create a soft current and collect debris in a DIY screen filter...
  17. Low Tech Forum
    hey everyone just a few pics of my low tech 8 gall for my fry. i have 60 fry in the tank at this stage i dont normally keep that many but had a recent bloom lol i have a 50w heater in the tank set to 27 degrees centigrade i have an elite stingray filter with fine mesh across the intake to ensure...
  18. Fish
    Hello everyone was researching around trying to figure out a stocking list for my new 37 gal tank. Tank is 30x12x22 going to be pretty well plated with med/lowlight plants and I'll be running a eheim 2075 canister on it(I like to overkill). One list I was thinking of was: 10x Serpae Tetra 8x...
  19. Tank Journals
    Hey all. I have been into planted tanks for many years, but have not actively worked on an aquarium for about 2 years. Unfortunately, I came to find that I was really noobing it up on my earlier tanks, and now i'm hoping to redeem myself a bit. I've been lazy about making the journal, but I'll...
  20. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey guys! I've had my sights on a 150g tall tank for a while and I have some questions... How would one go upon planting and whatnot in the substrate? It seems like it would be a long reach to the bottom. And I currently have a 80 gallon filter that hangs on the back of on one of my tanks and...
1-20 of 32 Results