The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-11 of 12 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello everyone, I going to start a 10 gallons tank for my neocaridinas. I came here to ask for help to the community for ideas, in what to use to help with filtration and circulation for the tank. I have a sponge filter that I already modified: I was thinking to get something like this...
  2. Fish
    Hi all! I’ve currently got a glass lily pipe in my aquarium, which is 90cm long, 35cm deep, 50cm high. I’m curious as to if that’s enough circulation to get water flowing around all the hardscape and plants. Followup question: I’m considering switching to a stainless steel inflow/outflow if...
  3. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Right now I have a tiny pump running just for circulation in my soil substrate 5g planted tank with only a few snails living in the tank besides the plants (image attached - see pump in back right). But I find it annoying and maybe useless and am wondering if I would be okay to go without. It...
  4. Algae
    Hello, This is my first post to the forum after lurking for months on end and it's a plea for advice about circulation and algae. I feel like I've got some decent kit having thrown money at the problem but I'm perhaps lacking the expertise to keep hair algae at bay. First the details. Specs...
  5. Equipment
    Hello all, I'm still setting up a 92G corner tank and am concerned about water flow. It'll be moderately planted with val, Amazon/Kleiner bar sword and crypts. Anyone have recommendations on a powerhead or circulation pump to prevent any dead spots? Or should I just aim the return hoses (from my...
  6. Equipment
    I have a 30 litre nano tank (30cmx30cm base with a height of 35cm) with a pump that churns out 300 litres per hour (turnaround of 10 times an hour). As it is right now the flow is way too strong and I have to reduce it physically by stuffing glass wool in the nozzle, yet still the water jet is...
  7. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So my HOB biowheel filter gives me 350GPH but I'm worried that this isn't enough circulation for my moderately planted 55G. Should I add a small powerhead to get more flow or is 350GPH enough?
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm trying to understand what might be optimal circulation conditions. Is there optimal placement for your c02 diffusion ? I've seen some aquariums that baffle me where plants might be blocking the circulation. Does it matter ? I've also run into threads where people are talking about...
  9. Equipment
    Can any one recommend quiet power head? I need one to provide a bit of extra circulation in a 200L heavily planted tank.
  10. Equipment
    Ever since my a-little-less-than-adequate Maxi-jet 400 powerhead up and died on me, I've been debating replacing it with a koralia nano. However, I can't decide if the 425 gph model will be absolutely too much flow, and I should stick to the 240 -- I have a bunch of frogbit in the tank, and it's...
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So, this weekend, I"ll start plumbing my tank. I'm concerned about getting this thing right the first time. Some background to start: I have a Sunsun canister rated at 265gph. Tests by others show that this number isn't too exaggerated either. The top of the tank however is about 5.5 feet (the...
1-11 of 12 Results