The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 55 Results
  1. Fish
    just got 4 happy and active baby bristlenose plecos, 1 to 2 inches, and they have dots on them....some more than others. I mistook them for natural skin features, but now have doubts. Can someone confirm if this is natural or desease? My other fish are in for a ride...
  2. Fish
    Hi all, Dumb question but can anyone tell me which type of pleco I have (see attached picture). More pictures in the reply. S/he is black with yellow stripes. I've had it for a year now and it is only 1.5 inches long. Also, is it a She or He as I'd love to get it a mate. A follow on question...
  3. Fish
    It’s a sad day for our family. Our 7 year old common pleco who was about 13” long died today. Water is where it needs to be and everyone else is okay. You lived a hell of a life bud never forget ya. Here’s his baby picture and a picture I took a few days ago 😢
  4. Fish
    My Pleco blinked today. I was surprised since I was taught only sharks have clear eyelids. This was a blink, lid the same color as his skin, came down, went back up.
  5. Tank Journals
    Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, and fairly new to aquariums, fish and aquarium plants. I decided to start this tank journal to document the ups and downs of my tank, and hopefully get some help and advice from all you smart people! I want to start by saying that I didn't choose my current...
  6. Fish
    help! my pleco is going nuts and I do not know why. I am currently fighting a battle against a large ich outbreak (and wining). I'm using treatments that are safe for plecos(ICH ATTACK: 3tsp every 12 hours in a 20 gallon tank) additionally I do a 20% water change every 6 days and then one day...
  7. Fish
    As I was planning what fish to eventually put in my 50 gal tank, I came across the rubber lipped pleco. It seemed like a nice looking pleco that didn't get too big and would eat algae and vegetables, so I started to look for it online. I came across this article about the fish, and I learned...
  8. New York
    Approx 1 year old, unfortunately not playing nice with my goldfish. No bristles, which is why I think she's a lady. Approx 4" nose to tail, healthy and loves to eat. If you can provide a good home for her, she's yours along with a full bag of pleco wafers. Pick up in South Brooklyn. EDIT: I...
  9. Fish
    i have a little red lizard who ive had since nnovember, but she's so brown! how do i get her to colour up?
  10. Fish
    Hello, I'm doing a Research project on the Bristlenose Pleco and one of the questions I want to answer is what purpose do the bristles serve. Now I've looked everywhere for this and found very little information and the info I have is that the Bristles are for... A: Mating as they represent...
  11. Fish
    Hello! I would really love some help. I have a 30g planted tank, with Anubis nana and red crypts. Driftwood and hardscape galore! Airstone running, filter chugging, heater heating to a peachy 79 degrees.The gravel is a planted tank substrate, blackish brown in color. I have a small school of 5...
  12. Fish
    I have a 1.5 months old 50G planted tank with drifted wood. Hosting 2 Angel, 4 Beheri rainbow, 1 rubber mouth pleco and 2 abino bristlenose pleco. My plecos seem to hide behind my spongy filter and refuse to eat the Rapashy soilent green food. I cought one of my ABP flip up side down for like...
  13. Fish
    So I was at my local pet store the other day and they had some really cool looking bristlenose plecos. Problem is they are babies (about an inch long to longer for sure), they almost look like 182's or 183's they are black (really dark brown?) they have small white dots on them and have a white...
  14. Fish
    I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose an illness with my tropical catfish. He's a 13” Pleco (I'm not sure the species), 15 yrs old, who seems to have some sort of infection (see pictures). Details: My pleco has some white sploches on his stomach, at the base of his fins, and around his...
  15. Fish
    Hello, I'm trying to identify the culprit behind who is eating my plants. I am occasionally finding "U" shaped bits in my plants. I never see the fish doing it with the lights on, so I'm wondering if the pleco is responsible.
1-15 of 55 Results