The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 273 Results
  1. Lighting
    Hi! I joined this forum recently to try and figure out the best way to set up a planted tank, ideally so I can have shrimp in it at some point. It's a 10 gallon with a custom matten filter, so more like 7/8 (?) gallons in terms of space. I feel silly asking questions when there is so much...
  2. Plants
    I just added a tiger lotus to my aquarium the issue I have though is that instead of growing directly out of the bulb the plant is a shoot that is running from the bulb. I heard tgar you are supposed to only bury part of the dwarf tiger lotus bulb but in my situation this would mean that most of...
  3. Tank Journals
    As stated in the title. Firstly, the tank dimensions are 60x30x20 (length x width x height) roughly 10 gallons. Setup using wastad technique, soil bed mixture with old scrapped tank gravel and aqua soil; top capped with finer gravel & finally very fine white sand as top layer. Hardscape using...
  4. Lighting
    Hello, I have seen that many people who grow out plants use T5s. I am very interested in doing this, but as I don't really know anyone who has done this, I came to get some help. Background of current tank I currently have a Twinstar (V1? - grey box) S series on the 6th setting using their...
  5. Low Tech Forum
    Hi all , a little while ago (17th March) I made my first ever planted tank. It’s had its ups and downs but so far going good. I’ve got mostly 3 small plants tbh I think I scammed , I payed 7.00 per plant and there very small compared to aquefluer are selling but anyways in the pic below you...
  6. Fish
    Started my first tank with this 20 gal. I’ve had 10 chili rasboras and 8 rummy nose in here for a few weeks. Would it be overstocked if I added around 5 Pygmy Cory and 1 scarlet badis? I felt like this tank needed a little more but I don’t want the fish to feel overcrowded.
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So, I run an aqua clear 30 on my 20-gallon long community tank. It's great along with my sponge filter it does a wonderful job at making sure my tank is pristine at all times. But there is a small problem.... I have cherry shrimp in this tank, and it is a community tank....and the shrimps keep...
  8. Photography
    23 Gallons Without CO2 + 14w Pink White led Plants: Hemianthus micranthemoides + Ludwigia repens + Valisneria asiatica + Alternanthera reineckii mini
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Started a few posts lately to get back up to speed. So, about to get my first "big", 120p, tank and I will, of course, have to cycle it. I wanted to gauge the opinions of the good people on this site on the methods of cycling. First things first, it will be about fishless cycles only without...
  10. Plants
    New to keeping aquarium plants. I've had these plants no problem for the past few months. Past few weeks. I've had to keep replacing them. The green one at the back (no idea of the name) grows thin and the leaves fall off. The bottom dies and then the whole plant does. java fern is spotty...
  11. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    After losing most of my livestock to various errors I would like to repopulate my tank, but this time thinking more carefully about what animals work best with my water parameters. Therefore, I am measuring all relevant water parameters and am wondering if I am missing out on anything. My...
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    To get it out of the way, here are my parameters/stats. This is after I changed the tank on Tuesday, having added fertilizer Monday. I add Thrive S every Monday and Friday. This tank has been established for ~2 years, without CO2, the light is on a ~8 hour cycle (finnex 24/7) but not at total...
  13. Plants
    Hi guys, is anubias having hard time transitioning from emersed to submerged ? I want to grow anubias emersed and sell them to aquarist, Should I worry about the transition the buyer would have?
  14. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello. I have a lengthy question and observation. So my house has a water softener because my water is extremely hard for drinking water being at 330ppm General Hardness. So Calcium and Magnesium is high. The water softener replaces Ca and Mg ions with sodium chloride so there should be more...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a 50 gallon planted rank and lately I've been finding dead fish in the morning when I wake up. I'm wondering if one of my fish is killing them since they don't look sick. Fish in tank: Lemon tetras Ember tetras Black skirt tetras Siamese algae eaters Glass catfish Kuhli loaches...
  16. Fish
    I picked up 3 weather loaches for my 55 gallon planted tank. First 2 days everything is fine. 3rd day i notice one has possible fin rot (assuming it had it at the store.) I typically refuse chemicals in my tank and he is still alive today, yet in worse condition. (Lethargic and just floating...
  17. New Member Introductions
    Hi! I love the hobby and want to introduce my aquarium to the group. It’s a 23 gallon tideline. I have cardinal and neon tetra. Harlequin rasbora ( they lost some color when I installed new flooring and had to keep them in a temporary aquarium), Pygmy corys and Kuhli loaches. I also have 1 betta...
  18. Algae
    Hi! Can you guys help me identify this algae? I’m not really sure if it is diatom or string algae cause I know that diatoms are brown. The tank is pretty new, about 1 month old. 50% water change a week It would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :)
1-18 of 273 Results