The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-13 of 406 Results
  1. Plants
    I have come to find out my sinuses and lungs are VERY sensitive to the smell of java moss I just recently put in all three of my aquariums... I didn't notice a smell when I rinsed it off and threaded it into my ledges... but it totally overtook my cycling tank... to the point I'm PROBABLY going...
  2. Tank Journals
    I’m really excited to set up my first shrimp tank! The goal for this project is to be minimal cost - to appease the wife who took some convincing - and low maintenance. I’ve never kept shrimp before but am looking forward to learning! I have a 220L low tech tank full of Java fern, anubius...
  3. Plants
    Can someone lmk what is up with my weeping moss? I have multiple patches throughout this tank, but only about 2 of them are really flourishing. I got a tropica tissue cup from an LFS and glued some to my to-be high tech tank. Currently I'm not dosing CO2 but I plan to soon, once I get some...
  4. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hello there! I have created my first terrarium this past week and am hoping to be able to glean some knowledge, insight and feedback as I start this new aspect of my hobby. I snagged a $5 glass bowl and $6 "retro" desk lamp at a garage sale last weekend. I'm certain I have made all sorts...
  5. Algae
    This 8.8g has been a dry start tank for 11 weeks. The moss took 4 weeks to take hold as a dry start. It has been flooded for a week now. No fish or inverts yet. Fluval 3.0 Plant Light - now reducing from 8 hours to 7 Drop checker was reading 30-40ppm, reducing to aim closer to 30 or just...
  6. Aquascaping
    Day 1: Day 12: I am currently in roughly week 2 of my DSM. The HC (dwarf baby tears) have taken exceptional hold and growth so far, as well as the S. repens. I would like to use the yogurt + moss DSM on my spider wood, but I have been battling white mold growth on it since almost day 1...
  7. Plants
    So I was kind of thinking about growing and perhaps selling my own Christmas Moss, does anyone know the proper way to propagate this moss? I thought about filling the bottom of a tote with worm castings, placing the moss on top, and then covering the tote with plastic wrap with the daily...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi, I have a 18 month old aquarium. It is a 30 l (~8 gallons) cube from Dennerle. Currently used for a betta. I love this tank, but seems to be more 'alive' than expected, I have found 2 'pests' in the last 6 months. So 1 year into the tank life. the first thing to show up were some form of...
  9. Plants
    hi, i just rescape 1 of my tank 29cm x 17,5cm x 20cm soil : aquagrowth plant : 2 big stone wrapped with riccia fluitans hair grass Vallisneria Nana sagitaria bulata hardscape: 1 lava rock light : 10 watt DIY LED light live stock : only 1 RCS at the monent filter : HOB filter the prob...
  10. Low Tech Forum
    I'm new to aquarium plants - I currently have a few anubias attached to driftwood and I'm using liquid fertilizer. I am preparing to order some easy, low-tech tissue culture plants to add to the tank. I like the look of moss on driftwood - the forest look - but I don't want a plant that will...
  11. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Has anyone had luck growing sphagnum moss in their riparium / paludarium? I've started with some very healthy samples from my pond and successfully turned them into decaying mush. I have two different tanks, both turning moss into mush. Tank 1 BeamsWork DA FSPEC LED - 10 hour per day Moss is...
  12. California
    Christmas moss grown with co2 and nutrient, very thick and robust. I will hook you up, cheaper than online or anywhere else for that matter. Local pickup only. Christmas moss are hardy, easy to grow, almost no maintenance require. They will survive in just about any conditions. Baby shrimps and...
  13. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hello. I am doing timelapses of mosses growing for a project. As mosses are sensitive to changes in moisture levels, I am trying to find a way to keep the relative humidity in the grow chamber steady over the weeks or months that will be needed to do the shots. I also have to keep the air moving...
1-13 of 406 Results