The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 19 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    Here we go again! I picked up a used Fluval Chi 2 - 5 Gallon for $50 along with a bunch of extras (submersible LED strip, 50W preset heater, a piece of what looks like manzanita wood, fluval rocks, glosso root tabs, freeze dried bloodworms). I definitely should have snagged the other Chi they...
  2. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hey everyone, new here. I bought a little 5 gallon Fluval Chi back in April, and of course by the end of June the LEDs on the filter/light cube went out. I admit, I left it that way until last week, when I decided enough is enough. Tossed the whole cube and upgraded to a clip on light and old...
  3. Tank Journals
    Planning on dirting my 5 gallon fluval chi for my betta. Currently it just had gravel, a fake plant and decor, heater, sponge filter, and the filter the tank came with. So here's the plan: Substrate: -Miracle grow organic potting mix -Either fluval stratum or plain gravel cap Filter: Will...
  4. Lighting
    Does anyone have experience using adhesive flexible LED strips? Are there particular brands/models that are better for growing plants? I have seen a few advertised as grow lights that only have the red and blue spectrum, but I was hoping for more natural look; ideally like daylight. I plan on...
  5. New Member Introductions
    I have a Fluval Chi with a betta, oto, nerite snail, and some ghost shrimp. It is lightly planted with a small heater but the stock light/filter unit really isn't designed for a planted tank. My goal is a fairly high-tech planted tank with a few critters. If things go well with this tank, I...
  6. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi guys. after my 100g i'm going for my 5g fluval chi. I really need some help picking out the light. i think i'll try a carpet maybe hairgrass or babytear. a few java fern/crypt/ dwarf sag. maybe a a DW with some kind of moss. a few small rock. filter will be some sort of HOB co2 will be...
  7. Tank Journals
    My nano tank journal. this is my first adventure into a new territory COMPLETELY. Never did plants, shrimps etc. and I LOVED scaping...so here's the journey. Let me know what you think! 8-02-14: 9-07-14: As you can see, my wisteria has bloomed, anubias as well. I added some ludwigia repens...
  8. Lighting
    Hi all, Needed a light boost for my fluval chi and thought I could do a custom one for cheap. All you need is: 1. DC Adapter Constant current power supplies are recommended, but I wanted to try it out with a constant voltage supply because I had the resistors and power supply lying around from...
  9. Planted Nano Tanks
    Been looking around this and many other forums. I have a planted 6.6 Fluval Chi with the following plants: Afzelli, Windelov, Dwarf Hairgrass, Wisteria, Amazon Frogbit (doing poorly) and I am wondering how to carpet dwarf and make the plants grow. I would also like red plants as well but I am...
  10. Low Tech Forum
    Hi all, I am just about to start my first planted tank. As I'm on a budget it will initially be low tech, and I have a few questions about possible plants. I managed to get a Fluval Chi 25l for £30 so that will be my tank, I understand that the light on this thing is rather weak though I can't...
  11. Tank Journals
    I started a new tank yesterday, a Fluval Chi 5 gallon. I picked it up off Craigslist.com for a steal. I quickly determined that the included filter and light would not meet my needs as I couldn't run the lights on a timer without turning off the filter. Each new post will be added to this...
  12. Tank Journals
    Been lurking as much as possible and have finally got a start on my setup! I have seen some really beautiful tanks on here and wanted to be apart of the magic. Anyways this isn't my first planted tank but its my first shot at an Iwagumi! Tank: fluval chi (removed tab from around the top of the...
  13. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello all :) I'm new to this forum. I was going to buy a fluval chi 6.6 on amazon for 60$ (on sale) and I was wondering should I buy it for my shrimp because I heard the filter could suck up small fish like danios, small tetras, etc... Well I'm not sure if that's true and wondering if any of you...
  14. Plants
    I'm currently trying to grow Dwarf Hair grass capet in my Chi, but I'm not sure if it's possible. D: I'm not sure about the lighting. It just has 12 LED's on the top. Its 5.5g I believe. I'm using floramax substrate and using these products aswell. What would you recommend me to get for...
  15. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I recently started a solely shrimp tank in a 5gal tank that's been running for a little over a month and a half seeded from one of my other planted tanks. After adding the RCS after there were no visible ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates. I did a drip acclimation and introduced them to their new...
  16. Lighting
    Hello guys, I have a very small aquarium of only 5 gallons that I bought on petsmart a few months ago. (it is called Fluval Chi and you can google to see how it looks) Now I want to plant it with some live plants. The thing is I don't know how many watts per gallon I have. The tank comes with...
1-16 of 19 Results