The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 98 Results
  1. Substrate
    I've neglected trimming one of my tanks so long that I've developed a hearty contingent of emersed plants, including a rotala of some kind and what I think is pogostemon octopus. It looks rather nice and I'd like to take the emersed stems and plant them in a bowl to see how they do. I also have...
  2. Plants
    Hello everyone, I just finished building a new paludarium and its still cycling at the moment but I want to have my complete plant list done. I want this to look like a mix of dutch and jungle. I have reserved the back water portion for the dutch garden. I plan on adding buce, anubius nana...
  3. Plants
    Hello all, first post! I would love to start a list of all the plants we can grow on the margins of our tanks (ie. fully submerged roots and lower stem, with foliage above water line). I am talking about things like anubias, horsetail, papyrus, corkscrew rush, etc. Please let me know anything...
  4. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I've got a 20 gallon and I'm going to make it high tech (this is my first time). I want to dry start some Monte Carlo, S. Repens, and Hygrophila Pinnatifida (amount in that order), but I'm also worried about algae popping up, so I'm torn on whether to dry start or cycle first. Can they be done...
  5. Planted Nano Tanks
    Bare with me as I'm new to the forum! I recently set up a 5 gallon shallow pond style scape for my betta. This is my first go-round with emersed growth and while I've had a bit of success, I'm learning some things through trial and error. First off, I have plants that are taller than the top of...
  6. Plants
    Hey, I have a bunch of Fissiden Fontanus growing in my tank and was wondeirng if i would be able to use it for a waterfall i created outdoors for my mini pond. The waterfall i created is powered by solar panels so it should be running when the sun is out, which would provide water to the...
  7. Plants
    Hello, With spring in full swing where I live my attention has been turning towards outdoors projects. I've been thinking for a while that if seeds were obtainable, it could be a lot of fun and potentially quite inexpensive to grow large quantities of aquarium plants outdoors in emersed setups...
  8. Plants
    I am wanting to make a mini pond in an extra tank I have. Anyone know of any good low tech plants for something like this? What about animals for it? Anyone have any pictures of their mini ponds?
  9. Tank Journals
    Bout that time... After taking down my 80g shallow nature aquarium, I took a bit of a break and played around with some smaller tanks... scapes not lasting for more than a couple of months, then redoing and playing again. The itch came back to set up something bigger...but something different...
  10. Plants
    I have this tiny mushroom growing on some emersed driftwood. Couldn't seem to find the type. Any help is appreciated!
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello all, I have a somewhat time-sensitive question, as I need to decide before tomorrow morning, but I can always have someone make an adjustment for me if required. I am going to be away for a week and I'm not sure if I should cover my emersed growth setup with seran wrap or leave it...
  12. Plants
    I am interested in people's experience of growing *Cyperus papyrus* "Tut" as an emersed plant in an aquarium with fish or shrimps. I'm wondering if all that root biomass may put a lot of CO2 into the substrate and affect the bacterial community in either a good or bad way with regard to the...
  13. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    55g- Some back story.. SO a few years back I was going to do a 40g breeder vivarium. Had wood picked out and everything, [even had a thread here].. but after photobucket [censor]ed everyone over with the huge yearly charge I stopped using them... But things came up and I had to set it aside...
  14. Tank Journals
    Setting up a new tank :) It's on order 4 weeks still to wait. Plan is... Aquarium: Opti-White 36"x18"x18" Filtration: Planted Aquaclear 70 HOB Lighting: Fluval Plant 3.0 Hardscape: Mixed size cobbles/pebbles & redmoor Substrate: Tropica Soil & Fine Gravel Fauna: Otos, Ember tetra, Sundadanio...
  15. Plants
    Hey everyone, My 55 gallon (low tech, medium light) is looking pretty thin, so I'd like to see if I could get some of the plant in it to grow faster emersed. Plants include: Rotala Anubias Ruffle leaf sword (Echinodorus martii) Java fern (regular and needle leaf) Jungle val Hygrophila...
1-15 of 98 Results