The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 25 Results
  1. Aquascaping
    I restarted my 60P around Thanksgiving of 2023. It began with a 4 week dark start and planted a few days before the New Year. Below are the list of plants: Background Rotala Macrandra (left) Ludwigia Arcuata (middle) Cryptocoryne spiralis 'tiger' (right) Mid Alteranthera Reineckii 'mini'...
  2. Equipment
    I'm shopping for a 60P (20 gal.) rimless low iron tank but live 150 miles from shops may stock them, so must do my due diligence online. I'm looking at Waterbox, UNS, and ADA tanks. Online reviews seem mostly to be initial impressions of a new tank vs. how it held up for a couple years. Or...
  3. Equipment
    Hello, I have been away from the hobby for awhile but with my wife and I purchasing our first home recently, I am looking to setup another tank. Previously I had a 29 gallon low/med tech, budget setup. For this tank, I am looking to do something a little nicer and visually appealing as it will...
  4. Tank Journals
    I originally wanted to start a shrimp tank, so I converted an old saltwater Biocube 14 into a planted tank. Long story short, I started from seeds from Amazon which were likely hygrophila polysperma. I pulled the weeds out and committed the cube to quarantine duty. Here's my 2nd attempt...
  5. Tank Journals
    Background I haven't kept a fish tank in many, many years. In 2005, I setup an Eclipse 6 gallon curved tank in my office. Gave that to a co-worker a year later when I changed jobs. I stocked it with some neon tetras, a zebra danio, an oto, sparse plants like crypts and anubias, blue gravel...
  6. Tank Journals
    After four years, I'm finally returning to freshwater! Bigger and better than ever! Equipment Tank: 32g AquaMaxx (24x18x18") Stand: Imagitarium White Gloss Stand (36x18x30") ~> do NOT recommend, terrible quality Filtration: Eheim 350/2215 Classic Canister Filter Lighting: Current USA Sat+...
  7. Equipment
    I’m looking to purchase my first freshwater planted tank that I plan to keep a school of smaller fish in as well. I’ve created a checklist of everything I’m planning on purchasing and would like a bit of input/suggestion before spending so much money. Checklist...
  8. Tank Journals
    Hows it going everyone. Just thought I'd take a moment to post my latest rendition of my 60P. Not real sure what I was trying to accomplish but it's more of a dutch-ish vibe I think. It's been up and running since 12/24/14 although I have added substantially more flora since then. I've got a...
  9. Tank Journals
    Hello all! It is time to set up another tank and start aquascaping! Details and specs will be posted this Friday. I essentially just drained my first tank (which can be seen here) and bought new substrate. I have a lot to work with, however new hardscape materials could be in order as well...
  10. Tank Journals
    I have had several reef tanks over the years, but never kept a planted tank before. I just moved to Massachusetts and am ready to start my first planted aquarium. I was curious what people think about this setup. The lighting is something I am not sure about, but I would like a fixture that can...
  11. Tank Journals
    Finally decided to take the leap and do a planted tank with the 60P. It has always been my wife's goal to make a planted tank with an anubia tree. Using our existing stock of anubias nana petite + some anubias a friend donated, we went for it. We still have a long ways to go, but its a work...
  12. Tank Journals
    TPT, Good planting out in the aquatic world LOL. Anyways, ANYONE that knows me on here, knows that I have had a 60P and 90P sitting around collecting dust. With a better note though, I have decided to start step one; making a thread. I will go into this journey by taking my time by...
  13. Equipment
    $200 including shipping. It is a low iron glass tank, produced in the same factory as ADA tanks. It does not have an ADA logo on it.
  14. Tank Journals
    Mr. Aqua 60p FNI 4x24, 1 pink, 1 10000K, 2 6700K Eheim 2217 pushing a Rex Reactor I started this tank a little over a year ago trying to do a kind of rolling waves aquascape with HC. I was lazy and planted the HC in large strips. During DSM I got that weird mold and flooded the tank. The roots...
1-14 of 25 Results