The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 229 Results
  1. Lighting
    Hi! I have a planted bowl that is ca 35 cm tall and I'm wondering if it's too tall for the ONF Flat Nano? Currently I have an IKEA Tertial desk lamp with a Phillips hue bulb. It works pretty ok for the plants I have (most easy as I knew lighting would be tricky) but I'm not a fan of how the lamp...
  2. Lighting
    I want to try growing a carpet of Monte Carlo. I want to try it in a UNS 45L tank. The tank has a length of 17.72 inches. Any suggestions on lighting that won't break the bank, but will make the Monte Carlo flourish? The tank will have CO2. My understanding is that I'd want a light that...
  3. Lighting
    Hi! I'm feeling quite stressed out about this turn of events. I ordered a Twinstar EA 900 iii a while ago and finally got the package today but it was the gen iv version instead! I guess in theory it should be "better" but it also seems quite different tech wise (ignoring the visual...
  4. Lighting
    Hi! I've bought a ø16"/40cm x 14"/35cm high bowl that I'm thinking about making into a planted betta tank (not as big as I'd like but couldn't find any bigger for where I live so I hope it's big enough). I'm now looking for a light to fit this bowl and would appreciate recommendations! I'd like...
  5. Lighting
    In the future I want to set up a rimless tank where the light will hang from the ceiling with cables. So it got me looking up "high end aquarium lights" but I then I stumbled across the led lights you would use in an indoor hydroponic setting. They seem to be the same thing as aquarium lights...
  6. Lighting
    I'm getting a new tank, 90x60x45 cm and thinking about lighting. I've had a Twinstar III EA for my 60x30x45 cm tank and I've been quite happy with it. I had the light at the far back as that's where the most light demanding plants were, so I hope that putting a similar light more towards the...
  7. Algae
    Hello everyone, I just rescape my tank and I buy a new light to have a better brightness (I buy a Twinstart EA600) - my tank is under CO2 (fire extinguisher) and automate fertilizer (2 ml 2HR APT1). Look nice, but I begin to have some green spot algue on my Anubias 'Snow White', make me really...
  8. Lighting
    I'm planning for a tank with a DHG carpet, and wanted to know if either of these lights would be enough for it. No plans for CO2, since I'm working with a tight budget. Aquaneat LED Nicrew Full Spectrum My tank is 30" wide, 18" tall, and 12" front to back. If neither of these work, would a...
  9. Lighting
    Hello, I have seen that many people who grow out plants use T5s. I am very interested in doing this, but as I don't really know anyone who has done this, I came to get some help. Background of current tank I currently have a Twinstar (V1? - grey box) S series on the 6th setting using their...
  10. Algae
    I have a planted tank with sump. Algae grows all over the DT, but not in the sump fuge. The fuge has low light from 10am to 4:20 pm, and never grows any unattractive algae. The DT has lights with ramp timers so that it can be dimly lit in the evening, and it grows black beard algae all over the...
  11. Lighting
    Just got an aquatop pisces nano aquarium from my mom's resturant, and I decided to replace the filter with one with a higher GPH and with better biomedia support. However, the old filter had a nice light attachment with it and upon attempting to tape it to the glass, it fell down into the water...
  12. Lighting
    Hey all, this is my first post on the forum. I'm looking for advice on lighting. Currently I have a 24 x 24 x 24 60 gallon cube with a glass top. For substrate I have small gravel mixed with Fluval bio stratum mixed in on top. I was wanting to do java ferns and anubias through the top middle and...
  13. Lighting
    Finally decided i need to upgrade my lighting to something a bit more hardcore, anyone have experience with the twinstar lights and can tell me what would be best the E or S series? I understand that the S is brighter and the E is the economy version, but is the E series still a good enough...
  14. Equipment
    Hi everyone, I recent got the WaterBox Eden 20. And even though they advertise that it would fit most lighting units in the market, I discover that the height of the entire lighting unit need to be under 19mm. I contacted their customer support and they basically told me to just buy the Aqua...
  15. Lighting
    Hi! Anybody has some photos of planted tanks grown up using incandescent lamps? Thanks.
  16. Lighting
    Hey folks, newbie aquarist here. I have 2×1.5×1.5 feet tank with preassurised CO2 injected. Currently I am using Sunsun ADS 500C led light, its pretty decent white led light but I wanted to switch to good WRGB light. Budget wise I can afford Chihiros WRGB 2 slim (60cm) or WRGB 2(45cm). I did my...
  17. Lighting
    My twinstar 300s gets super hot to the touch after running for 5+ hours. I just want to make sure this is normal, it would make sense given the output and thinness.
  18. Algae
    I've finally gotten my 10 gallon tank in order with diy CO2 and otos taking care of excess algae. However, I am stuck with this surface algae. It is not yet an issue, but there are strings coming off some of the roots, tubeline I'm using to enclose the surface plants, and the polyfill I'm...
1-18 of 229 Results