The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 20 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Dear All, advice please! I have a berried RCS shrimp that is looking rather pale and just wondering if she needs something or if this is normal? She's been carrying eggs for about 2 weeks and seems otherwise completely normal and healthy (out and about, swimming, eating and generally like all...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    We received the shrimp this last Monday or Tuesday. Pretty sure one molted during transport. Seemed as though a male was shrimp racing the same day. Now have a visibly berried female. Three molts last night, no more shrimp racing. No other visibly berried shrimp. I'm trying to guess how...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So I was wondering and $10 says no one really knows the answer to this but...what is the smallest size hole or slot a shrimp can fit though at a given size? ie: can a 0.5" shrimp willingly fit though a 1/4" hole? I'm guessing they don't stuff themselves though holes... But what about a 1/4"...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Has anyone ever pulled this off? I can't seem to find much information, other than the larvae from the type I have (believe they are Macrobrachium Lamarrei) should be able to survive in fresh water and have about a 48 hour larval period. All of my previous attempts at raising ghost shrimp...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    The shrimp was in a good spot and didn't move a bunch, so I thought I'd try my luck and take a few pictures with my beginner's macro lens Out of 20 or so these three pictures (or these two, third one was cropped) looked slightly OK.. It looks to me like the shrimplets will come out within a...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi everyone! By now, three of my five female DBV are berried with what looks like about 50 eggs each! :bounce: If the eggs start turning more translucent, does that mean they are fertilized and the babies alive? How many of the eggs will usually make it? I'm just thinking what 150 tiny...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi guys. The blue bolt shrimp I've been keeping with my OEBTs is heavily berried. Just noticed it yesterday. I didn't know whether the BB was male or female until yesterday, either - pretty sure now! Any ideas about what the offspring will look like? I'm tearing down an old tank to put the...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So I had about 3 PFR shrimps that were berried and now I have over 40-50+ shrimpy babies in the breeders net :D just wanted to share. Sorry for the crappy lighting/Camera phone :(
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So this morning like all days I take a quick gander at my prized OEBT tank to look for any of the little guys my female OEBT released a few days ago with no avail. But here comes the part I need help/ advice... I saw her molt at the same spot it usually is but looking for her I couldn't find...
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    This is a photo of my berried Blue Pearl. I think it's about 2 weeks along. How long will it take to see the eyeballs within the eggs?
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    hey guys, it's been about 2 or so months since I got my 10 red cherry shrimp. I have them in a VERY DENSLEY planted tank. with an oto and 4 juvenile black phantom tetras. the temp is usually 74-76 f. I saw the male shrimp going crazy one day and I know it's because a female molted but I see no...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have a 9g CRS/CBS tank and live in Los Angeles, Ca. Right now it is summer time and the temp can get to 100-110F. Today, it was 102F and my tank is at 81.5F. I had a CBS that got berried 2 weeks ago when tank temp was around 75-78F. Since then the temp got warmer. Just today I noticed a...
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I bought some yellow shrimp (neos) from some people at my local fish club about three months ago, and they have been growing well. Over the last month and a half or so, the female shrimp have become berried on several occasions, but they keep dropping their eggs. One day they will be full of...
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    hello, i have a small 15 litre shrimp tank with 7 cherry shrimp and 1 bumble bee 1 of my cherries is berried and has been for around 3 weeks, 2 days ago loads of TINY like really tiny looking white specks started running round there has been nothing else introduced into the tank but the...
  15. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've been stalking Tempura for the last couple of days because I knew she was due to start hatching soon. I saw her hatch last night and it's pretty neat! I watched her for maybe 30 minutes and it's so cool to see the baby shrimp float out from her tail area. I went to bed because I wasn't...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Sooner or later into their 'pregnancy'? I ask because my boyfriend and I are considering a growth charting experiment wherein we remove one berried female from our main shrimp tank and separate her off into a (fully cycled) tank devoid of other shrimp. We want to have a control sample of baby...
  17. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have some fire reds that at certain angles seem to have eggs...but I can't tell because they are so dark. Is there a trick to see if they are berried or do I just have to wait it out?
  18. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Today when I went to check on my RCS that has been berried for about 3 weeks, I noticed that one of my berried shrimp eggs changed color from yellow -> darkish green. At first I thought it was a darkish tan color but somehow it turned green.. I think it might be from the plants? :/ But I also...
  19. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Back in May, I ordered 10+ Red Cherries from cwilfinger. Well, they are all settled and I've already got babies. The rest of my females are in various stages of saddles & berries. Here's how their tank looked in May: Here's the jungle now: (So yeah, I REALLY need to trim....) Anyhow, they...
  20. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have RCS and have seen many females "saddled." My question is this: They never seem to lay their eggs and carry them around. I've had saddled females for at least a month now. The temp got a bit warm this summer (80-81F) could that be the reason? I haven't had any deaths however!
1-20 of 20 Results