The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-11 of 12 Results
  1. Fish
    So I have some corydoras that laid eggs last night, they are pinkish in color with white dots in them which leads me to believe they are fertilized. Could anyone confirm for me? Currently going to the store to get a 5 gallon so I can move them out of the tank. I currently have them protected...
  2. Fish
    So quick question has anyone else had their kribs lay eggs on the top of a plant? About a week ago we had fry in the tank but with the other fish and my kribs being first time parents they unfortunately all got ate. However my female just laid atleast another 30 eggs but this time they are on a...
  3. Fish
    Help! My angels laid eggs on my glass and I have never dealt with this before. What do I do how do I keep the babies safe. Tank is a 55 gallon with what I thought were a trio of male angels and 15-16 neon tetras.
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So - I am back and I had success recently with my shrimp! My three actually turned out to be 2 females and 1 male. Earlier last week I noticed two of them were carrying eggs and just today after placing a new almond leaf, alder cone, rock, driftwood, and 2 new plants yesterday - the sides of my...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Good morning all, In my first planted tank I have a group of horny platys (as you all know they are breeding machines). So I am starting up my 2nd planted tank in a 5g portrait for the sole purpose of raising my Platy babies which I am then donating to my local elementary school for the kids...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I thought a few people might be interested in my little adventure today. First, a little backstory. I've had my 10g and my 5.5g running for over a year now and due to extremely high nitrates in my tap water I ran into an issue with dead bettas and cyanobacteria. I sold off the neons I had and...
  7. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello once again!!! My cherry shrimp had babies and I was so shocked. Earlier when my shrimp had eggs 4 were berried and 2 were not ( my lfs had gave me a lot of berried ones). So 1 week passed and 3 of the berried shrimps were not berried anymore but one still is now. What are some tips to keep...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have a small but thriving colony of RCS. Today I noticed one of my berried females looks like she is carrying black berries when viewed from the rear. Usually the berries look whitish from that angle. I can't see them from the side since her shell is pretty opaque. Can they have the babies die...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've been stalking Tempura for the last couple of days because I knew she was due to start hatching soon. I saw her hatch last night and it's pretty neat! I watched her for maybe 30 minutes and it's so cool to see the baby shrimp float out from her tail area. I went to bed because I wasn't...
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I am so excited. About 3 weeks ago i got 2 red cherry shrimps. 1 male and 1 female. Today i was replanting anachris and trimming the vals when i noticed some red things moving around in the java moss. I took a closer look ti find the female rcs giving birth and a bunc of tiny rcs eating the...
1-11 of 12 Results