The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 104 Results
  1. Fish
    I'm planning on upgrading my 80l (20g) tank to a 245l (ca 65g) one and thinking about adding a pair of pearl gouramis to it. I currently have 10 ember tetras, 4 amanos, a bunch of ramshorn snails and a large colony of cherry shrimp. Once the new tank is established I'm thinking about getting...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So I just have a simple question. Am I able to use my cherry shrimp poop as substrate in my 10 gallon planted setup?
  3. Question

So I just have a simple question. Can I use my cherry shrimp poo as soil in my 10 gallon shrimp planted tank?
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Looking to move my red cherry shrimp to a new 20L. They currently live in a heavily planted 29g tank and all water changes are done with remineralized distilled water. The new tank will also be planted. My question is if they will succeed in my dechlorinated tap water. Picture attached. E
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Just discovered one of my male shrimp had died, apparently mid-molt :( See attached photo, it's molt was still hanging on to its body. Parameters seems to be ok: Ph: 7.6 Ammonia and nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 5.0 Kh: 3 Gh: 7 Temp: 28c / 82f Tds: 180ppm This male specimen was introduced into my...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've recently set up a 3 gallon planted bowl and added 5 fire red cherry shrimps 3 days ago, seeded established filter media and cycled for about a month. When I first added them in, they were actively swimming and roaming in the open but after a few hours, all of them went into hiding, I only...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I’m preparing a paludarium for vampire crabs and cherry shrimp. I bought some test strips but I can’t for the life of me read them. Could someone help? One picture is with flash and the other is without
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi everyone, I have a planted tank with 22 adult blue neocaridina shrimp in. The tank finished cycling in July 2022 and the shrimp were introduced on 14th July 2022. They have been perfect until now and five females just had shrimplets. I just went to the tank and my largest shrimp has a...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello, I'm a proud owner of a 55 gallon community freshwater tank and a 10 gallon quarantine tank. In my 55 gal I have 4 albino corydoras, 4 julii corydoras, 4 panda corydoras, and 10 ember tetras. I bought 10 grade AA cherry shrimp in February, and now I can only find 3. I have relocated them...
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I am very, very new to shrimp keeping and aquariums in general. I care for a tank in a local library. The tank is a 10gal that was being cared for in a local pet shop. There are 7 neon tetras and I believe 12 dwarf shrimp. The tank came planted with a variety of live plants in sand, with a...
  11. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I have a 7 gallon planted tank (sand substrate with root tabs), a few amazon swords, java fern, and suswassertang, dragon stone. The tank has been set up for 1.5 years, and has an explosive blue velvet cherry shrimp population. Weekly water change of about 1 gallon. The swords and java fern are...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello! As stated, I'm a newbie to shrimp. We have a seasoned, planted paludarium tank that we finally felt was ready to add shrimp after supporting two snails and a few black neon tetras for a little over a month. We purchased the cherry shrimp a few days ago, and I know the tank parameters...
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi everyone, I’m trying to achieve good parameters for my Cherry Shrimp but I am having trouble. My tanks GH is 125.02ppm and the TDS is around 330pmm. Is the GH too low and how would I raise it without further increasing the TDS? Also, is the TDS of 330ppm ok for Cherry shrimp and would it...
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Fairly new to owning fish and noticed while I was walking past my tank tonight I noticed the tail end of a cherry shrimp lying on the floor of my tank. Pretty sure it wasn’t there less than a few hours before. Not sure what could have happened to it. We have 6 cherry barbs, one of which seems to...
  15. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I got a batch of shrimp from several breeders about 1 month ago. The first day, or three they were fine, then the deaths kept happening. I was losing 1 per day, or 2 per every 2-3 days. I didn’t know my water was soft (almost RO water, practically.) Since then, I have added Seachem Equilibrium...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have quite a few blue velvets, and I've noticed that in all of the pictures of small aquarium shrimp that I've seen, I've never actually seen a purple variation. I know the basics of color say that red and blue make purple, but I also know that red cherry shrimp and blue velvet will make...
  17. My Nano shrimp tank

I setup this Nano Vase tank 2months ago and hope to breed cherry shrimp in it. Water parameters look great so far. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
1-17 of 104 Results