The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 70 Results
  1. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hello all! New to the forum, and working on my first build! I was hoping someone could help me here... As I added water this morning to test the flow/seals, I noticed this milky...stuff seeping from the seams and a few "crevices" within a few minutes. This pic is after I drained most of it -...
  2. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi everyone, I am almost ready to set up my first paludarium tank and I need some help (sanity proof) regarding the plants I would like to use. Please feel free to let me know if you come up with any red flags, like plants that are too hard to maintain in my conditions. I need someone...
  3. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi everyone, I am quite new here and I am doing as much research as possible but I cannot find a definitive answer to my current issue. I am building a paludarium which will have about 40L (10 gal) water area. My primary focus is on different plants. I may add some fish, shrimps, isopods etc...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hi all, I've been a lurker for ages but only recently getting really back into the hobby after a long houseplant/orchid excursion. I just completed building a greenhouse style case over my established 4'x2' tank, moved some philodendrons in, and need to make the aquatic part a bit spiffier to...
  5. Equipment
    Hi everyone! I recently got infected with the aquascaping/paludarium virus so I have started to collect materials my future rainforest paludarium. I have a dilemma regarding the filter choice. I would like to use a canister filter since I want as much space as possible inside the paludarium...
  6. New Member Introductions
    Hi everyone! My name is Zach. I'm 38, a builder with a few trades under his belt, a musician and artist, and a newfound paludarium maker. I haven't made one yet, and have the plans and supplies to build several over the next few years. I'm not certain this is the right site for someone who...
  7. Twin Waterfall Paludarium

The Build itself is a two waterfall setup with the idea being the rear waterfall flows from the Oase 250 over wood into the tank. Suprisingly enough the temperature is holding despite not flowing directly into water. The rock waterfall in the front is from a pond pump that is actually underneath...
  8. DIY
    I made this to house shrimp and vampire crabs. Waiting for stable water parameters and moss, please give your opinions! I do have quite a bit of mold on my wood (I might add some springtails). Cost around $600, and is 24x18x36
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    The title says it all. I have a large paludarium which I just added some Neocaridina shrimplets to last night. I checked on them this morning to find that of the ten, only one was in the front, display part of the tank. The rest had found a hole somewhere and are now in the mostly inaccessible...
  10. Tank Journals
    Hey guys, Here is my second attempt at aquscaping. After my first ADA 60 Aquascape (see ADA60p Iwagumi scape) and a lot of obsessive YouTube (watching Greenaqua, ADA and other aquascaping videos over the years), I found that I really enjoy diorama scapes which give a sense of scape to the...
  11. Plants
    Hello, I've built a paludarium, which is tiny. The terrestrial areas are constantly covered in water, due to a waterfall and a small hose watering the other one. I plan on putting sphagnum moss on the land area and maybe planting a few carnivorous plants there. (Maybe some Sundews) I will also...
  12. Tank Journals
    Greetings All, I'd like to begin by saying how impressed I am with this encouraging, friendly, and knowledgable community. I've enjoyed reading many engaging threads, and have found answers to numerous questions. I've become a premium member to help support this fabulous resource. It has...
  13. New Member Introductions
    Hi Everyone! I am new member and would like to run my paludarium for vampire crabs by the community! This is my first paludarium and I used a tutorial online to build it inside of a 10 gallon using foam and aquarium-safe silicone. The filter is hidden in the back to create a waterfall in the...
  14. Tank Journals
    Hi Everyone! I am new member and would like to run my paludarium for vampire crabs by the community! This is my first paludarium and I used a tutorial online to build it inside of a 10 gallon using foam and aquarium-safe silicone. The filter is hidden in the back to create a waterfall in the...
  15. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    With everything as it has been these past few months, I've had more time to start going on local nature walks and in the process become fascinated with our native fish species. I'm in the planning stages of a native biotope tank, and the thought of constructing it as a paludarium is very...
  16. DIY
    Hi Guys, I've been an active fish tank user over the years and plan on converting a ~130 gallon saltwater tank into a paludarium. My idea right now is to cut down the one corner outflow so that it is about 12 inches high to aid filtration and then use the other corner outflow as a water...
  17. New Member Introductions
    Hello all, My background is in aquariums and I'm recent to the vivarium/riparium/terrarium/paludarium group. I love the concept of utilizing these types of set ups for housing animals / critters, or for generic plant display in the house. I'm passionate about ecology and I've launched a new...
  18. Tank Journals
    Bout that time... After taking down my 80g shallow nature aquarium, I took a bit of a break and played around with some smaller tanks... scapes not lasting for more than a couple of months, then redoing and playing again. The itch came back to set up something bigger...but something different...
  19. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Paludarium Information: 22 Gallon Long Mr. Aqua Rimless Aquarium 2x 25w 6500k LED pendants 1x 30w LED adjustable kelvin fixture 2x Tetra waterfall filters for filtration and waterfalls Lots of Egg Crate and Pond Foam Josh's Frogs Plant Substrate 20lb Eco Complete Substrate 100w Titanium...
1-20 of 70 Results