The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 500 Results
  1. Lighting
    I'm building a shallow 10 gallon tank 20x18, and I want to try making a Mangrove bonsai inside it. I've been looking around and I'm just real confused with all the different units to be honest. What I'm trying to replicate is the Sun in Florida, so a lighting setup that does a daily light...
  2. Lighting
    Hi! I'm feeling quite stressed out about this turn of events. I ordered a Twinstar EA 900 iii a while ago and finally got the package today but it was the gen iv version instead! I guess in theory it should be "better" but it also seems quite different tech wise (ignoring the visual...
  3. Lighting
    I have been looking at light for my tank, and i have found the fluval aquasky 2.0 91-122 cm version. I was hoping that the light could fit under the lid of the tank, to reduce heating, evaporation etc, there is a glass rim around the edge and i am confident that i can make that work however i...
  4. Lighting
    Hi! I joined this forum recently to try and figure out the best way to set up a planted tank, ideally so I can have shrimp in it at some point. It's a 10 gallon with a custom matten filter, so more like 7/8 (?) gallons in terms of space. I feel silly asking questions when there is so much...
  5. Lighting
    I’m struggling to figure out which of these two lights would be better for growing plants. it seems aquarium co op is full spectrum with true 660nm red led. Corey measured 90 par at around 21 inches in water. For 140$ (36 inch) this seems to be a powerful light. For the chihiros A series...
  6. Lighting
    I have a converted marine tank that is 130cm x 70cm x 50cm. I am using the marine light and think that it is not strong enough as the plants i am growing are not surviving and all other parameters are fine. First i will buy some elodea/anacharis and see if that thrives floating near the top if...
  7. Lighting
    Finally decided i need to upgrade my lighting to something a bit more hardcore, anyone have experience with the twinstar lights and can tell me what would be best the E or S series? I understand that the S is brighter and the E is the economy version, but is the E series still a good enough...
  8. Low Tech Forum
    My daughter and I have had a 20 gallon long tank with some RCS and plants for about 4 years now, but recently we've started to make changes and while we've done some thinking and researching I'm not sure if we're doing decent with these changes or if we're way off on anything... We previously...
  9. Lighting
    Anyone have any info on Chiros WRGB 2 vs. WRGB 2 PRO (90c) ? Looking into putting one of these on my UNS 90cm new aquarium. I'm new to aquascaping/planted tanks and couldn't decide whether the PRO is more power than I would need for a tank that is 22 inches deep. Appreciate any...
  10. Lighting
    Does anyone know if Chinese EBAY leds produce sufficient par? Looking to build a diy light for a standard 55g (20 inch tall).
  11. Lighting
    I feel like asking what light can work on a 29gal is an age old question. I saw a post in this forum from 2017 talking about the par values for different Beamswork lights. It said that the da fspec pent 0.50w model had a par value of 100 at 13” for the 30” size. The post didn’t have par...
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello! I'll keep this short and sweet especially as a first post 😃 3~4 weekish old tank Aqueon 14 rimless Aqueon Planted LED Fluval Stratum Ph steady at 6.6. Ammonia <0.25ppm Nitrate 0 Nitrate stready @ 5ppm gH 30-40ppm kH ~160ppm 25~30% water change weekly Seachem Flourish 1 betta, Annbius...
  13. Lighting
    I recently just bought the Chihiro WRGB II 30cm and it has an annoying coil whine present if the dimmer is in use (its very light but noticeable). I have already returned one units and the second one is the same. My question is if anyone else has this noise, and if so, is there a way to get...
  14. Lighting
    I find understanding lighting difficult for some reason. I read a lot of posts about different tanks and what lights work well in this tank or that tank… but I am really want to understand it. I read some of the very detailed (advanced) post at the top of this forum but quickly got lost in all...
  15. Lighting
    Hello! ☺ I am in the process of getting CO2 and new upgraded lighting for my 29G tank. I need to buy the light from my LFS that has limited options because I am broke, but I have gift cards for this shop. Options: SkyAqua Planted Tank Light or SkyAqua Marine Light So the obvious choice would...
  16. Lighting
    So I've had a 29 gal Top Fin tank up and running for about a bit over two years now, and it has been humming along wonderfully. It's a freshwater community tank with an AquaClear 50 Filter, and a small powerhead to create a good flow around the tank. I keep the temp at ~78 deg. F. The problem...
  17. Lighting
    is it worth it to go after a cheaper aquarium light. instead of spending more on a fluval or a finnex light, can you get the same plant growth results with a cheaper light company like Hygger or NICREW?
  18. Lighting
    Hi all, i am getting back into the planted tank scene and am getting a 245x50x50cm aquarium with a hood on top. (And no my situation does not allow me to leave the hood off unfortunatly). Going high tech like i was used to with high light and co2 injection and heavy plant load. I have been...
  19. Lighting
    Just bought a fluval plant 3.0 led from petco since it was an absolute steal but now that im home and have set it up it makes a buzzing or humming type sound when its on (besides blue light only) the main/only way to make it stop has been to go into manual and have it all set at 100% I would...
1-19 of 500 Results