The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-13 of 13 Results
  1. Lighting
    I got the $40 40gal breeder at PetCo and couldn't find the right lid... who needs one?? Even if I found a lid that fit, my emergent plants wouldn't be able to get enough light. I gave up with conventional lights/hoods and came up with this DIY fixture. Takes care of plants with any light...
  2. Lighting
    I got a used 30 gallon (30"x12"x18"tall) from my in-laws this holiday season and I want to set this up as a planted tank on the cheap. Right now as it sits, the hood that it came with does not fit and is all corroded and before I do anything else, I am going to make a new hood and light. I had...
  3. Lighting
    Need some help setting up my LEDs? Question is how do i run my LEDs to get 3-4 watts per gallon? Sorry WPG is the only way i like to measure lighting on my tank/tanks, for me anyway. I do have a par meter. I have a custom 70gal tank an more than enough LEDs to put over it between 3w ones an 1w...
  4. DIY
    I'm resurrecting a neglected 37G tank and have started working on providing better light for it. It's an Eclipse tank in which I had already replaced the lamp with a 65W SunPaq retrofit kit. I've been researching different options, and have been most interested in LEDs, primarily as an...
  5. Lighting
    Check out my custom light fixture on legs! made it for my 39 gallon tall tank. Let me know what you think of the build! check out the end of the second video for the finished product!
  6. Lighting
    Easy lighting project for someone who needs to make some custom lighting for there tank. Do you think staggering the bulbs is a good idea? Let me know what you think!
  7. Lighting
    Hi everybody. I'm currently building a new hood for my tank. The inner part is fully covered with "mylar diamond" for a maximum reflection. I have 2 ballasts : - 1 for my T8 15w (lighting starts at 9:00 and stops at 21:00) (bulb n° 1.) - 1 for my T5 2x24w (lighting starts at 9:30 and stops at...
  8. Plants
    OK, so I have a fluval edge. Already that is a huge challenge for many things. I have done DIY light mod, simply changed the bulbs for 2x LED 2.1W MR11s, and added 2x small LED bars which apparently have 3W each. It is literally all I can squeeze in the small compartment at the top of the Edge...
  9. DIY
    Here's a DIY project of mine. It's a hood that emulates the progression of the day. I don't know if fish/ plants are sensitive about their circadian rhythm, but I know I wouldn't want to wake up by going from darkness to full-blast grow lights in a split second .... then go to instant darkness...
  10. DIY
    I picked up this fixture from lowes the other day and got right to modifying it. They also had a 48" fixure for the same price for you 55,75 gallon folks. I had some left over aluminum flashing from another project and an old electrical cord from another fixture that I used. Just epoxy the...
  11. DIY
    Hey all, I built this diy light fixture, and it came out so well sharing how I built it with others to enjoy. It cost 90 bucks to build complete and the lighting is 128 watts 11800 lumens and 11800 lux ( i am sort of positive of this number, figuring the lux got a little confusing). I went to...
  12. DIY
    Requirements PVC pipe 4" Diameter Paint As Per Needs Two Fans Use In Computer Casings Wire Lights Electronic or electromagnetic gear First Take the 4"(inch) Diameter Pipe According to the length of ur Aquarium in my case it's 35"(inch) Then cut it in Two Half Pieces After Cutting...
  13. Tank Journals
    Lastest Picture: START OF JOURNAL:I have loved Iwagumi since I before I bought my first tank. However, I feel Iwagumi is either done right or wrong, very rarely done OK, or pretty good. I started this tank with the intention of doing a 3 rock traditional Iwagumi but just didn't get it right...
1-13 of 13 Results