The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 15 Results
  1. Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)
    Hello wonderful people! Anyone who has kept multiple African Dwarf Frogs will probably understand the annoyance that is sexing them. I tried and tried to find mature frogs, but every store, online and in-person, sold them as babies, meaning I couldn't sex them until AFTER I bought them and had...
  2. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, I recently purchased 4 ADFs for my 15g planted tank. The pH is about 6.5, the temp is around 80, and there is no ammonia or anything else present (I'm working on the plant side of this). Anyways, the rest of my froggies are happy and eating, but this one guy, lets call him T, won't eat...
  3. Fish
    Hello, I have a 20 gallon long community tank with neon and ember tetras, kuhli loaches, assorted shrimp, and a nerite snail. Could I successfully keep an ADF in my tank with them? My shrimp are breeding like crazy and I wouldn't mind the frog eating a few shrimplets here and there, just don't...
  4. Fish
    I decided to buy 3 african dwarf frogs yesterday from my LFS to eventually add in with my (now) alone one. These guys' bodies are about 3/4" or smaller and they're all skinny, so they're young. They seemed fine when I put them in the quarantine tank, were swimming around, and two kept going...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    This morning while inspecting my tank, I found a small patch of what looks like eggs on the leaf of my Anubias? I realize that these might be snail eggs and I need to get rid of them. I also have a male and female dwarf frog though, and if these are frog eggs, I would prefer to not get rid of...
  6. Fish
    Hey guys. So here begs the question that was probably asked about a million times... I currently have a three gallon tank and my upgrade is going to be to a 7.5 gallon one. I would go bigger for better choices, however space is limited to where I am currently living. My question to you guys is...
  7. Lighting
    I currently have a three gallon tank with an African Dwarf Frog, a Ghost Shrimp and a Nerite Snail. Sadly the tank is a cheapo Walmart tank with a small little LED light. I have a Amazon Sword and it is having trouble growing and continues to die off. I just bought some root tablets in order to...
  8. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    I've been building this paludarium for a while, and now it's come to stocking, and I'm wondering, would ADFs be safe in this set up? The top is open, and the log on the right is hooked onto the glass at the back. The water is 5-6" deep, and the full length of the tank (4') but narrow to the...
  9. Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)
    My ADF male seems a little fatter in the middle than usual and is having trouble swimming. One side of his body seems more buoyant than the other. Does this look familiar to anyone? What's wrong? Thanks.
  10. Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)
    Just got two ADF for my 15 gallon today, along with some endlers. Theres also a few juvie guppies in the tank, some otos, and its very planted! I used to have ACF, and i fed them with a pipette, and have already successfully fed the two little guys with it, as im worried about thier food intake...
  11. Fish
    Not sure if this is the section for them... Not fish, not inverts...Hrmm! Anyway, I'm considering looking into ADFs (African Dwarfs, not clawed) for my smaller planted tanks. However, Im getting some seriously conflicting info and its confusing the daylights out of me. Here's my thing: While...
  12. Fish
    I just got two african dwarf frogs four days ago. I haven't had much luck with them before and came to the conclution they weren't getting enough food. This time arond I've been hand feeding them frozen blood worms with feeding tongs. My question is do they know how to limit themselves or is...
  13. Fish
    I have two African Dwarf Frogs in a 10 gallon tank and they leave a lot of blood worms and flakes left over (mainly because they can't find them) on the bottom. I wanted to get a plecostomus eventually, but I find they ignore a lot of the "leftovers" when I've had them before, so I was thinking...
  14. Algae
    I have two African Dwarf frogs that I moved into a 5.5 gallon tank. I was told that the tank is too small for a Plecostomus and that Algae Eaters might be too aggressive. I have tried snails and the frogs kill them within a couple weeks. I was told another option is ghost shrimp, but that they...
  15. Hawaii
    Anyone know if African Dwarf Frogs allowed in the state? if so anyone know where I can pick some up?
1-15 of 15 Results