The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 179 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Around 4-5 weeks ago I got 10 CRS in my 10 gallon tank. I am very new to shrimp keeping and I have been unable to keep the water in very good condition as of recently. I am now down to anly about 5 smaller CRS and they have not been looking to well. They arent very active and many of the ones...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I am in the process of preparing a tank for keeping crystal red shrimp, and I want to make sure I have all the proper materials/equipment. I just set up an RO water purifier, and purchased Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+. I will be using ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia as well for this tank. So my question is...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have had this tank for three months now, it contains mostly different colours of cherry shrimp, two tigers and until recently, four CRS. Roughly 15 in total. Until a couple weeks ago I was doing 40% water changes twice a week and have lost several cherries to failed molts. I know better now...
  4. Tank Journals
    Hello everyone! I'd like to present you my 50L planted tank - named Karan - meant to house a colony of crystal red PRL cantonensis shrimps: I made the tank out of 6mm glass, and it has those dimensions : W:50cm; D:30cm; H:30cm; glass : 6mm. So here is how it started. I used clear silicon...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Backstory: I left town a week ago to visit family for the New Years and a few days before I left, I noticed that my Female crs may have a saddle. I let my mom know ( who would be caring for them) and told her that nothing should happen until i get back. Today, However, she called me frantically...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi everyone, I have been having a slow die off of my CRS over the last few of months. I am fairly new to this so I am not sure how to deal with this. Tank: 28L Substrate: Fluval shrimp stratum (buffered to ~6.5) Current GH: 5 KH: 0 Temperature: 22 C Ammonia, nitrates, nitrites: ~0 ppm...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have an extra 5 gallon sitting around, and got curious as to whether or not CRS would be able to thrive in here, and if so, what recommendations would you have towards set up.
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    This is what I heard:- *sic* copy & paste FYI, someone once told me, "I threw so many HSS (i.e. opae ula) into my crystal red shrimp (CRS) until eventually a few bred with my CRS - in fresh water! So here, this is our new Super Red King-Kong!" Yes. All I can say is that, there is a way to do...
  9. Illinois
    Hello Looking to get some Cherry Red Shrimp I have some Calvus fry hatching in 5 days and would like some shrimp to help raise and clean up after them .let me know if you have any I could purchase ,Thanks :laugh2:
1-10 of 179 Results