The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 43 Results
  1. Substrate
    So I posted a thread here a while back discussing the algae in my tank. @Plinkploop was a great help in that thread, I forgot to properly thank you, so thanks and sorry it took a while. During that time we also discussed water parameters and my tank's cycle. We came to the conclusion that my...
  2. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello everyone ! I set up a ''regular'' fish tank recently and added three fish at the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, I did not cycle it correctly (too many water changes according to an employee at the local fish store) and they all died within three weeks. In an attempt to save the...
  3. Tank Journals
    New to the planted tank world and looking for some general help. I kept saltwater reef tanks for years, recently went on vacation and everything went wrong lost all the coral and fish. Since I was starting new, I decided to try out the freshwater planted tank world. I have always loved the look...
  4. Aquascaping
    I plan on removing the large branch that I marked with red Xs. The pieces marked with blue dots were added and can be moved/removed. Should I add more rocks or branches anywhere? I plan on adding small skinny, flexible branches as roots in the final setup, making them look like they're growing...
  5. Fish
    Four months ago I got a female betta plakat. A month after I got her, she got what I thought was cloudy eye (not on her outer lens, but in the inner one). I medicated her for a good while, made sure the parameters were right, the water clean, and maintained water changes, but her eye never got...
  6. Low Tech Forum
    Hi all, So I've found myself in a wonderful situation of getting a 54 gallon corner tank this weekend. I want it to be a planted tank based on Diana Walstad's method. So it's going to be dirted, low tech, lots of plants, and good fun. I'm looking for any help with this. I have Walstad's...
  7. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey guys, just wanted to throw my scape up and ask if.... I should add a flat black background to this setup? I'm limited to this countertop for space.. Figure with the current plants, a dark black background would be a nice touch... feel as though the clear glass background is affecting the...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    My Vampire crab tank setup currently has: -reptisoil -sand with calcium in it(not live) -Frog Moss, Entodon moss, Short Capsule moss and a few others. -Drift wood that I found and washed -The water dish is big and takes up 15% of the entire tank and only has rain water in it. -The hygrometer...
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello everyone, I am new here and im about to start a new planted tank. I got a 75 cm x 75 cm x 75 cm cube on top of a 90cm tall stand. Most of my life i used to have lower aquariums, however i don't know why i wanted some nice tall water column in this one. Well right know im trying to sort...
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    This is my first posting for this forum. Trying to become a $ member but having difficulties doing so. Need some help/advice regarding my setup and results. I think I have lost most of my first purchase of shrimp (15). After 25+ plus years from the hobby, I have set up my first...
  11. Substrate
    Hi, It's my first post here, and to be honest my first aquarium too. Please let me know if it's the wrong place for this post. I just finished setting up my 110L tank, my substrate is JBL aquascape Pro and fertilizer is JBL Florapol. I mixed 9L of substrate with the 700g of Florapol as first...
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a 20-gallon tall tank (my first) that has been planted and running for about 2 years. There are a number of reasons I don't like this particular tank (including the fact that the kit came with pretty crappy lighting, as kits do) and I am about to upgrade. I am looking forward to putting...
  13. Plants
    Hi, This aquarium was set up with no plants and then converted, it consists of: Lighting 30W LED Floodlights x 2 4 39W T5 Unit Substrate Crushed fine black gravel (1/2mm) Clay mixed in Root tabs Filters 1000L/H External 1000L/H Internal Temp: 22/25 c Plants were a mixed box from aqua...
  14. Tank Journals
    Perhaps "adventure" might be too strong of a word but whatever This was day one in cycling A 5 gallon tank from a MARINA aquarium starter kit, which came with a MARINA 210 filer, which i replaced the sponge cover with a finer FLUVAL sponge, and water treatment bottle and a bio bottle thing also...
  15. Lighting
    Let's see some pictures of your timer setups. I made the mistake of buying the coralife power center which only lets you program one set of outlets for the same time, and I figured what better way to get ideas than ask people to share. Extra points if you include the name of your timer in your...
  16. Tank Journals
    Starting up my 15L at my new apartment. Going to set it up for shrimp this time. Stocking from my 29. I am going to be placing the tank on a piece of slate to protect the cabinet. There is also a layer of 'yoga mat' material underneath the tank. Can anybody see any problems with this?
  17. Tank Journals
    I have had several reef tanks over the years, but never kept a planted tank before. I just moved to Massachusetts and am ready to start my first planted aquarium. I was curious what people think about this setup. The lighting is something I am not sure about, but I would like a fixture that can...
  18. Algae
    I had discovered Cladophora(blanket weed) / staghorn algae in my tank a couple of weeks ago. I read that the issue is due to low nutrients, low CO2 levels and unhygienic tanks. Within a few of days after the discovery, the algae took complete control over my tank! :frown: So I cleaned up all the...
1-18 of 43 Results