The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-5 of 5 Results
  1. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi all, I'm setting up a 5G tank with 28W of CFL 5000K. Flourite black sand as a substrate and Seachem Excel for Carbon. I'm needing a suggestion on dosing though. Plants will be glosso and Dwarf Hairgrass. I have recently purchased a mixture of Ferts online which contains 2% Magnesium Sulfate...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I have a 7.9 Gallon Fluval Ebi with approximately 20 Cherry and Tiger shrimp in it and heavily planted. It is planted enough to fill much of the tank but not enough to eliminate nitrates. I want good plant growth so I can replant stems and fill the rest of the tank but I do not want to be...
  3. Plants
    Maybe someone can help me with my Val problem. They keep turning yellow and breaking off and eventually the entire stem dies. At first I thought it was not enough potassium, but I started dosing seachem Postassium and it's still happening. Do I need more nitrogen? I have no problem growing...
  4. Plants
    HC yellowing and browning. Is it nitrogen or potassium, or even other? i am dosing my 2 gallon tank daily with excel and twice a week flourish comprehensive.
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I`ve had my little 5.5 gallon set up since 8/21 and I`m slowly building an aquascape. There seems to be an ammonia source, likely from decaying plants or squashed snails, as the tank is cycling itself. I`ve just been in contact with the betta breeder I want my fish from and it looks like I`ll be...
1-5 of 5 Results