The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 51 Results
  1. Equipment
    Hi, As from my previous post, I got my Archaea stand and am pretty happy with it. I also got a mat for the aquarium on the stand. Since I have a hardwood floor in the aquarium room, I wondered if I should use any felted or plastic pads between the stand and the floor so as not to mark the...
  2. Equipment
    Does anyone have experience with keeping 2 tanks on a Titaneze stand? I want to get the 24" model and put a 20H on top with a 10g below as a quarantine/fry tank. I do not have the ability to build a stand myself, and since I live in an apartment I need to minimize my footprint. My concern is...
  3. Equipment
    I bought this at the infamous petco $1 a gallon sale. Inspected as best I could for scratches cracks etc. but did not think to check for something that seems so off to me it would be ridiculous to even have to check for. The tank panes are not even. At the top of the tank on one side the pane is...
  4. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, I have a 14 inch cube that holds 11.4 gallons of water. With water, substrate, and rocks added I imiagine it will weigh around 150 lbs. Do you think the Bekvam cart linked below would be able to hold this weight over time? It is made of solid birch. Or has anyone used it as a stand...
  5. Equipment
    I have an established 10 gal along with a 29 gal that is currently being dry started. I was thinking it would be nice to have both on the same stand next to each other, say on a larger 55 gal stand. Is that possible? Would the weight imbalance be an issue with the two different sizes?
  6. Equipment
    I've been pouring over Amazon, Google, and others for reviews and suggestions on a 29 gallon stand of high quality and durability. There are some... issues... I'm facing that are influencing my decision. Two to be exact, two furry little chewy ones. My wife has rats. While my current setups...
  7. Equipment
    I've just finished gluing up my Craigslist special that failed me initially. It's an older 36x18 Aqueon/AGA framed tank with a tempered bottom glass. I removed and reseamed the bottom glass, and stripped and resealed the entire tank, meticulously. It cured for a full week dry and has been...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I was given a used 55 stand which i plan to use for my 30 long tank (Same footprint) but it looks like its a lip only stand where the tank just sits on the raised lip rather than a flat surface. I've never dealt with this type of stand before and was curious if others have had one before and if...
  9. Equipment
    I moved to Chicago for work about a year ago and I'm just now starting the planning phase for my first tank since the move. The problem is I have always built my own aquarium stands, but no longer have the space to do that. Anyone have any advice on acquiring an aquarium stand when you don't...
  10. New York
    ADA CUBE GARDEN 30C AQUARIUM (ULTRA HIGH CLARITY GLASS) No cracks, no leaks. Comes with a stylish stand. Sold Pick up in Boerum Hill/Bklyn
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a cabinet I got from Target a few months ago that's held my 5 gallon (Spec V) and a 1 gallon (Marina Cubus) since I got it. I've been wanting to upgrade to a ~10 gallon and I'm worried about the extra 4+ gallons with the cabinet. The 1 gallon won't be on the cabinet anymore. I'd rather...
  12. California
    Hello, Looking to get back into the hobby and just picked up a 24 gallon cube off craigslist but I need a stand. This is a shot in the dark but does anyone have a stand they are looking to get rid of in our area? The stand would need to be at least 17" wide and 17" long... Thanks!!!
  13. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm going to homedepot tomorrow to pick out some 2x4 for a 40 breeder stand I will be constructing. This is my first time, and I really don't know anything about wood or wood types. Is there a rule I should go by? What should I ask for? I plan to ask the dude for at least grade 2, untreated...
  14. Equipment
    So is 30 gallons (36x18x12) just a really uncommon size in this hobby or something?? I have been trying to find a stand for my 30 gallon tank and feel like i'm banging my head against a brick wall. :crying: I've been to 4 locally owned aquarium supply stores, all the dreaded petsmart type...
  15. DIY
    Hey guy i finally decided to jump into my first big aquarium diy after cracking a side my 55 gal to remove the plastic n put on a glass euro brace. so after my stupidity i stripped the rest of the panels. i decided to make a dual stand thats custom for a 48x20x20 tank (80 or so) and a 75 so...
  16. California
    Hey PT! Im selling my tank, stand and light due to an upgrade. Tank is a 55 Gallon with brand new stand. Lights are Coralife T5 HO with a couple bulbs in it now. Im selling everything together for 300 or 150 for each individually. Must pickup. Let me know if you have any questions! Have a great day.
1-16 of 51 Results