The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 45 Results
  1. Equipment
    This is a small portion of a course I took. This part was very appreciated.
  2. Equipment
    I have a bunch of pocket-burning, highly porous pumice stone-based rocks as my bio media (states ~2600m2/liter surface area) in my 16-gallon sump, but there are a lot of places on the internet where I heard K1 media (or any fluidized media) is extremely efficient, and I want to use it in...
  3. General Planted Tank Discussion
    After I move in the summer I intend to set up a sump for all my tanks. I'm getting a heavy-duty shelf to put my two current tanks and a 40 on. I've got a fluvial 15, but I think I'm going to take the back compartment off of that as I feel it's a waste of space, and I'll add a DIY for the new...
  4. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi everyone. So I was trying to find a nice way to hold my filter media in my sump is. I searched online, and couldn't find anything. Nosing around on Freebie Alerts today, I came across dishwasher silverware baskets and I knew I had found the answer. Came home and set it up. I must say I...
  5. Equipment
    Just got a new aquarium in that is plumbed with three holes behind a weir. The tank I got came with some plumbing material, flexible 1" green tubing, some stand pipes, bulk heads, etc...please see photo attached. My first question is how I can avoid pvc cement if possible, because I live in...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have an odd question for you guys. So, I have a 150 gallon axolotl tank with a matching sump (it was originally a reef tank, so it's got all the bells and whistles). I would like to breed crystal red and dream blue shrimp as food/also display animals in other areas. Obviously a breeding colony...
  7. Tank Journals
    I've been working on a 90-gallon tank that I snagged for $20 a couple weeks ago (with stand, light, sump, and pump haha). I've had a 29-gallon tank with a gravel substrate that I threw a couple of plants in, but decided to use soil on this one. It's still a little cloudy but clearing up. Here's...
  8. Equipment
    I'm setting up a small breeding and grow out rack and would like some advice/thoughts on using a fluval 406 as the return pump. The rack will be 4x 20 longs above with a 40 breeder sump. The 406 will sit just below the 40B - so water will siphon into it. The 20 longs will be above the canister...
  9. Equipment
    Hey guys, I'm new here so thought I'd say hi and share an idea for a couple of sumps I had. I know they are a bit too full, so I would lower the baffles and water levels, but what do you think of the co2 idea and the sump in general? I have implemented a diffuser in there so it starts to mix in...
  10. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi, all! I have a nicely planted Fluval Flex 15 that I'm just loving. I'd like to add some more fish to it using AQAdvisor, but because the Flex has about 3 gallons of its water as sump space, I'm not sure how many gallons to count it as. Does sump space count? Does it count only partially? Not...
  11. Tank Journals
    Traded out the old 75 for this beauty: Planting is very much in flux, but all the hardscape and plumbing is good to go. Going to try and keep it low maintenance this time around with crypts and ferns mostly.
  12. Equipment
    Hi, I am looking to build my first true high tech system and I am still thinking how hide all hardware to stand. Is a sump only solution how to put PH, temp probes, auto dosing system, twinstar, auto top off and what ever? I am tech nerd so I want more or less all cool toys with control system...
  13. Equipment
    Hi all! I want to make an aquarium with sump sizes 160х50х50. Sump will be approximately the size of 70х45х45. I plan to make water drainage a bean animal, but I had a lot of questions as I've never done the aquarium with sump. The volume of water that must be pumped through the aquarium with...
  14. DIY
    I just purchased a 125 gallon tank with pre-drilled dual overflows with a 1" and 3/4" bulkhead in each side. I am thinking about having the full siphon (1") and the trickle overflow (3/4") in one corner and the emergency overflow (1") with the (3/4") piped up and over the overflow to a spray...
  15. DIY
    Hi all. I have been reading and lurking for a while. I recently moved and decided to upgrade my 75 gallon to a 125. I would like to convert the 75 gallon into a sump. I will be injected CO2 and would like to keep off gasing to a minimum. The drain from the main tank will be submerged over a...
  16. Tank Journals
    180 Gallon WIP https://www.plantedtank.net/threads/tsings-125-180.1121050/post-11481711 Safe-t-sorb and Vermiculite Set Up Tsing's 125 Hybrid - IAPLC 2020 - Rank 840 Soil Set Up Tsing's 125 Hybrid - IAPLC 2020 - Rank 840 IAPLC 2020 Details IAPLC 2019 IAPLC 2018 Pre-2018 (Click for...
  17. DIY
    Hello everyone! I have a 120G tank with a 40G sump. I just bought my first house and I'm looking to leave this tank in place for a long time. The tank will be in my living room. I will have about a 12'-15' run from the living room to where the sump will be in the garage. Has...
  18. DIY
    Hello everyone, I plan on setting up a 40 gallon breeder display with a 20 gallon long sump and CO2 after the holidays. I have long been debating on using a sump instead of a canister, but after a few months of having a diy 10 gallon wet dry on my turtle tank the ease of maintenance is awesome...
  19. Equipment
    I am in the process of planning out my next tank and will be incorporating a ~15g sump in order to hide all the equipment that would normally be in the tank. The hard part for me is deciding which intake method is the cleanest/most hidden. All the overflow boxes I have seen are very ugly and...
  20. DIY
    So, long story short, I have a couple of old bottom drilled 60 gallons I picked up a while back for basically free (I think $20 each lol), and I wanted to do something with 'em. So I started thinking: I already have a 75 gallon wave front tank, unfortunately the stand is impossible to put a sump...
1-20 of 45 Results