The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 64 Results
  1. Equipment
    Last summer I picked up a 45 gallon column shaped fish tank at a yard sale. The previous owner had used it as a saltwater tank. My plan is make it a freshwater planted tank, maybe a palladarium with a water feature extending out the top (a trickling fountain/stream)? I bought it last year and...
  2. Tank Journals
    Current FTS: First filled/planted shot. October 3rd, 2023
  3. Equipment
    I'm shopping for a 60P (20 gal.) rimless low iron tank but live 150 miles from shops may stock them, so must do my due diligence online. I'm looking at Waterbox, UNS, and ADA tanks. Online reviews seem mostly to be initial impressions of a new tank vs. how it held up for a couple years. Or...
  4. Aquascaping
    Hey ya'll, I've ordered a rimless tank 8.25 x 35.4 x 9.5 that's 12 gallons. I'm kinda just trying to have some cherry shrimp (or similar type of shrimp) but mostly focus on the aquascaping of it all. I want to have some wood and plants outside of the water too so I'm not sure what light to...
  5. Equipment
    I am in the early stages of planning an entirely new high-end build. Looking at the classic ADA, and now the million other brands (UNS, Aqueon, etc.). Does anyone have any recommendations for tank brands and retailers? I'm probably looking for something like a 60P, and likely have to order...
  6. Equipment
    So I got a very large rimless aquarium 10ft long by 3ft wide and a top to bottom depth of 18inches. I custom ordered the dream tank from customaquariums.com because they seem to have a great reputation. I finally got around to finishing the plumbing etc and filled the tank to max capacity. I...
  7. Equipment
    I'm putting together a rimless tank (39" x 12" x 12") and will probably add a lid to it. Being such an odd size, I know I need to do a DIY lid. Nearly everyone I've seen online makes lids from either glass, polycarbonate or acrylic and then hang them inside the aquarium with clips, so the lid...
  8. Tank Journals
    Waterbox clear mini 30 30 gallons All dragon stone and easy plants Low tech tank, no co2 Fluval plant 3.0 light Going to put a oase filtosmart 100 canister filter on, just bought the wrong size lilly pipes so waiting for the new ones to come in, just have a hang on back on for now Mostly...
  9. Tank Journals
    Finally upgraded from the 25g cube, and let me tell you it's not very easy to find a 30-40g cube around here. Managed to find a beautiful 20x20x20 aquarium and some amazing driftwood at a local shop and we're off to the races. Nothing equipment wise has actually changed, still running: AI...
  10. Tank Journals
    This project's been a long time in the making and will likely be a while longer before there's any water in it. I'll be DIY'ing the light fixture, stand and autodoser. Main equipment as follows: Waterbox Clear 3620 3 x 24w T5HO Eheim 2217 Eheim 2215 Matheson 2-stage reg + 2 Fabco NV-55s +...
  11. Equipment
    Hi there! I recently ordered an AquaClear 50 Power Filter HOB to supplement filtration on a 90P heavily planted tank. The HOB was very loose and did not sit properly as the tank is rimless (ADA). It leaned back towards the wall and in no form to safely operate. (1) Does anyone have this...
  12. Tank Journals
    Traded out the old 75 for this beauty: Planting is very much in flux, but all the hardscape and plumbing is good to go. Going to try and keep it low maintenance this time around with crypts and ferns mostly.
  13. Equipment
    I’m looking to purchase my first freshwater planted tank that I plan to keep a school of smaller fish in as well. I’ve created a checklist of everything I’m planning on purchasing and would like a bit of input/suggestion before spending so much money. Checklist...
  14. Planted Nano Tanks
    I'm going to be getting a cat in the next couple of months and was curious about what people do to protect both cat and aquarium/fish. For context, I have a Fluval Spec V (5 gallon) which is rimless; I've been going lidless since I upgraded to the (16") Finnex FugeRay Planted+ (the light sits...
1-14 of 64 Results