The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 8 Results
  1. Fish
    I was reading a thread on another site about how bettas need vitamins, or they can get an S-shaped curve to their body from deficiencies. It was recommended to use any multi-vitamin pill and crush it up. I know I can't believe everything I read on the Internet so I wanted to ask if anyone here...
  2. New Member Introductions
    Hi, I'm Rette. I live in Northern Colorado and have really only dabbled in aquatic husbandry. I've kept a handful of bettas alive the last couple years (simultaneously even) and have recently branched into starting a planted 10 gallon tank. This has quickly corrupted me into planting all of my...
  3. Fish
    Stating the obvious to some, so please let me indulge. I move my fish around from 10 gallon to 29g. I have Corys, Otos, female Bettas and Gouramis. All of them behave better in a 29g. My water parameters aside, bigger is better. The type of landscaping is next in importance. The Corys and...
  4. Fish
    At Petsmart someone overheard me talking about having bettas in tanks with other fish, and they told me to never put them in a tank with another species of fish because they would kill them. This is simply not true. Like pitbulls, bettas are often misunderstood and thought of for only being...
  5. Tank Journals
    In the world of planted tanks, I am a noob. I know a lot about fish, and I know a lot about plants. This is the first time I've ever combined the two, and I needed a new hobby. I may have started before I was fully informed on the subject. So here's what I got- My substrate is floramax I've got...
  6. Fish
    I have a number of large planted vases that are more than big enough to house a betta, however (despite loving them) I've been hesitating buying one because the water temp hangs about 72. The room temp is about 65 and stays about there till approx May when the sun comes back to Illinois. My dad...
  7. Tank Journals
    Alright, so after having a 2.5 gallon tank and going through the hassle of cycling it (not done yet), I've decided to dive into a 6.6 gallon fishless cycle. I'm pretty new and might need some advice, so chime in, because it's always appreciated. First off, my water source base test using the...
  8. Fish
    I recently have encountered an issue in my first attempt to breed my bettas. Tank set up: 10 gallon bare bottom with java moss, 1/3 of a styrafoam cup for my males bubble nest, 4" of water, heater kept at 78, and a cover for humidity. I was given a beautiful halfmoon male betta for my birthday...
1-8 of 8 Results