The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 82 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    I have recently purchased a 29-Gallon aquarium from Petco and will be tracking the progress of the tank set-up here on this journal post. This is my first ever journal on this site and only by third ever post, so any advice on the post itself would also be appreciated. My general idea for the...
  2. Tank Journals
    Hello Everyone, I'm working on putting together a new dual tank set up : The equipment specs are the following: (2) Landen 30C rimless tanks (2) Chihiros CII lights (2) Oase Thermo 100 Filtosmart Not purchased yet (2) in-line CO2 art diffusers Not purchased yet (2) CO2 art valves Not...
  3. Tank Journals
    So, my grandmother has ended up enjoying the shrimp quite a bit, and we've decided to set up a 5 gallon in her room for the Neocaridina so they can be somewhere they can be watched and appreciated. The current plan is to keep it low-tech, and to dry start it for a few weeks before flooding. I'm...
  4. Tank Journals
    Hi guys! Figured I would start a journal for this tank, since moving to a new house, new job I have both the space and a little more disposable income for a bigger tank (previous biggest was a 20g long). Not sparing much expense with this one, though am still doing DIY as much as I can. The tank...
  5. Tank Journals
    Hello all, I'm in the middle of cycling my new 15 gallon tank and had a few questions so I figured I might as well try and turn it into a tank journal. This will be my 2nd aquascaped tank as I have a 10 gallon waterbox cube that I've posted about before. I also have a small ~7 gallon aqua one...
  6. Tank Journals
    Hello, I've been a longtime member, but haven't really posted much recently. I figured I would start again with this new aquascape. I've made several attempts at scapes for the past 5 years, but really haven't settled on one until now. Before I bought this UNS 60U tank in January, I had a...
  7. Tank Journals
    Hey all, happy to be back in this hobby! With everything being so hectic, I needed something that will be a relaxing presence in my life. I will keep this journal up to date full of new posts/pictures documenting my journey. Feel free to extend any advice or questions you have. Please Enjoy...
  8. Tank Journals
    gonna try this out... Guppy Tank (5.5gal) 1/24/20 Initial setup of Guppy Tank. Started out with 6 guppies (3 male, 3 female); potted dwarf hair grass; potted glossostigma. 1/26/20 Planted dwarf hair grass into substrate. Introduced 2 more guppies (1 male, 1 female) for a total of 8...
  9. Tank Journals
    This tank has been through several different aquascapes in the past, all nature-style, until recently when I decided to try a biotope. It is not a true biotope, however, because it houses a betta splendens, neocaridina shrimp, and uses ADA Amazonia aquasoil as a base substrate. Tank: Fluval...
  10. Tank Journals
    For my birthday I was lucky enough to receive an ADA 60f and the kit to go along with it. I'll be putting a lot of my savings into this project too. For hardscape, I'm using 11kg of Frodo Stone Tank: ADA 60f Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Powder Type (3L and 9L bag) Lava Rock underneath Lighting...
  11. Fish
    I like danios. But I haven't bred danios in a long while. My old thread would need the necromancer to bring back so I'll let it rest. I just so happened to have started my project of building my fish room so it's about time I bred some danios and I figured I'd share that knowledge and...
  12. Low Tech Forum
    Hi everybody! I'm not really an online forum person, I usually just lurk, but I'm going to attempt to make a journal about setting up my planted tank. Hopefully I will keep it up. :grin2: I tried a planted tank once before but it wasn't a very good attempt, and I gave up for a while and did some...
  13. Tank Journals
    Hello! I was redoing my 55gal.... looking for LED lights on craigslist and ended up buying an entire 150gallon aquarium! I have lots of driftwood and gravel, there is 14kg of flourite mixed in (bought this weekend), too. Gravel is 3-5 in deep, depending on where you look. I want to do a pretty...
  14. Tank Journals
    My journey It has been roughly 16 years since I got my first fish tank. I was 12, and my parents finally agreed to get my first "pet". As a kid I had no real understanding of what I needed, other than the basics. My parents bought me a one of those start up kits and what I think was a 30 gallon...
  15. Tank Journals
    Welcome to a story of preparation and disaster. All tied up into a neat little bundle of "well crap’s" and “omgican'tbelieveijustdidthat’s". Table of Contents: 20 Gallons Under The Sea Moby Fish, the Saga Continues I Can See Clearly Now, the Murk is Gone Update #1 - Stability Can’t be...
  16. Tank Journals
    Hi All, Im new here, This is my journey to planted tanks. Background: As a young kid, I remember watching my dad's 90 gallon salt water tank. Maybe this is what gave me my fascination with fish tanks. I have always been an avid fisherman, and just think fish are cool. I would always stop...
  17. Tank Journals
    Wow it's only been a little under 4 years since I last posted on here! Whoops. So three years ago my first foray into planted tanks, a 2 gallon shrimp bowl, crashed not long before I moved. Between the bowl cracking during the move, my last year of college, and work, I didn't really have time...
  18. Planted Nano Tanks
    I’m not feeling super inspired but I have some ideas for this jar and would love some opinions. My plan for this jar for now is to NOT put any shrimp in it, at least until winter is over, because the room this is in tends to be around 66-70 degrees, which might be a bit too cold, plus my 8 RCS...
  19. Tank Journals
    Adding Current pic first for interested parties :) current 2/23/17 Hey guys, So I've (very slowly) been getting my tiny tank set up on my work desk. I've been a little shy about posting about it as I've never done anything this high tech before- it's exciting. As I've been stalking many...
  20. Tank Journals
    Just thought I'd start another tank journal for my 10 gallon which was set up ~4 days ago. It looks much prettier than my 40 gallon (Most likely because of experience and cost). I have 21 Stems on S. Repens on the way for carpeting :) Don't ask for plant names because I have no idea :)...
1-20 of 82 Results