The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 62 Results
  1. Algae
    Dear readers, I started an aquascape about half a year ago, as the time progressed I started to notice some algae and I thought this must be due to the new and unstable environment I just created so I manually clean it up, swap roughly 50% of the water every week, etc. But now the algae comes...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I have a 7 gallon planted tank (sand substrate with root tabs), a few amazon swords, java fern, and suswassertang, dragon stone. The tank has been set up for 1.5 years, and has an explosive blue velvet cherry shrimp population. Weekly water change of about 1 gallon. The swords and java fern are...
  3. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi, My tank is 3 months old and it is my first tank. I need help in understanding which fertilizers to use and how often to help my plants along. It seems to grow too much hair algae in recent 3 weeks. Tank: 20 gal, 60cm long, no CO2 injection Light intensity: 6h (went down from 8h/day with...
  4. Algae
    I finally got ahold if the BGA that has plagued my monte carlo and now some type of hair algae is popping up everywhere. Its even on my healthy fast growing stems. Some info: Light is a twinstar 450ea on a 5 gallon shallow tank. The light is definitely bright but I didn't barely have any hair...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Just out of curiosity guys, is it possible to blanch hair algae and feed it to shrimps? Since Amano shrimps eat hair algae, is it like spirulina high in protein?
  6. Algae
    I just rescaped my UNS 5 gallon shallow and converted it to high tech. I'm trying to get my rotala h'ra to color up and during some research found that nitrate limitation is key to getting certain plants to grow very red. The issue is I've noticed a correlation between high phosphates low...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi all, A while back I made a post about algae issues in my 10g planted tank (Help with Algae Bloom). One of the issues discovered was that my tank had high levels of phosphate (5-10ppm). That was 5 months ago. Since then Ive done a revamp of the tank because most plants were just covered in...
  8. Fish
    I just got 6 flag fish for my 29 gallon, 2 males and 4 females, to take care of my hair algae problem and each day there is less and less algae. Unfortunately one of the males found a "cave" in the aquascape and now chases all the others away to the left side of the tank. Usually would...
  9. Algae
    So I know that balance is the way to fix algae issues, but how does one get there? I've become bogged down with hair algae and need to figure something out before it kills everything. I have a variety of plants, small variety of fish, been dosing with thrive c, been doing co2, thrive root tabs...
  10. Algae
    This 8.8g has been a dry start tank for 11 weeks. The moss took 4 weeks to take hold as a dry start. It has been flooded for a week now. No fish or inverts yet. Fluval 3.0 Plant Light - now reducing from 8 hours to 7 Drop checker was reading 30-40ppm, reducing to aim closer to 30 or just...
  11. Algae
    My tank has recently, and rather quickly, accumulated various types of algae. I have green spot algae, what I believe is black beard algae, and probably hair algae. The last two happened within the last week, the GSA has been a problem for a while. Parameters of my 15 gal Ammonia: 0 pH: 7...
  12. Algae
    This algae is just can't get off.... and it only stay at the bottom range of the tank...which is wired, i'd assume top part of tank would have more algae since it is closer to the light, but apparently not...BTW i am running ONF flat one 75w on 36 high type, top of the soil to water surface is...
  13. Algae
    Hello everyone! New to the forum and have been reading so much on a lot of things, but one can only read so much...I have a 10g tank planted mostly with wisteria and some Tiawan moss. I have this light: NICREW BrightLED Aquarium Light, High Output Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Tanks, 18 to...
  14. Low Tech Forum
    So. My journey into aquariums started with a vase. 2 years ago I set up a plant with it's roots in a vase of water, and I added scuds and daphnia to clean the greenwater and the root decay. Worked fairly well. Kept a terrestrial plant (a rose!) happy in water for > 6 months. Via a predictible...
  15. Algae
    New to the hobby but learning fast. 20 gallon long, 78 degrees, 3ish weeks out of cycling. I’m struggling with hair algae, first came brown algae/diatoms then that got battled off by all my workers plus just time, now I’m dealing with a brown hair algae mess that I can’t battle enough to keep it...
  16. Algae
    This is my first time building a low tech plant based on walstad method. However, after 2 months, I am seeing these green invasive algae (attached image). These are not easily noticeable and I have provided my setup too. They are totally entangled with the host plants (especially java moss). I...
  17. Algae
    This is my first time building a low tech plant based on walstad method. However, after 2 months, I am seeing these green invasive algae (attached image). These are not easily noticeable and I have provided my setup too. They are totally entangled with the host plants (especially java moss). I...
  18. Algae
    Hello, I have had my 50 gallon planted tank up and running for about two months now. I restarted it from scratch after it didn't fair well during my recent move. I have been struggling with hair and a brown filamentous algae for several weeks as well as some yellowing on new anubias leaves...
  19. Algae
    ****IMAGE ATTACHED BELOW****** Hello, I am Sreenath, and Currently I stay in India. Actually the main question to ask you that, I setup a new Planted Aquarium for my home and recently after 3 day I can see Hair Algae all over my Plants. ---------------------Tank...
  20. Algae
    Hello, I already posted this thread a while ago : http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/23-algae/1274857-gsa-hair-fuzz-algae-how-get-rid.html Back then, I had problems with GSA and what I thought hair algae. What I did : 1 - Dripped my plants on a 5% bleach solution. This unfortunately killed my...
1-20 of 62 Results