The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 57 Results
  1. Substrate
    So I posted a thread here a while back discussing the algae in my tank. @Plinkploop was a great help in that thread, I forgot to properly thank you, so thanks and sorry it took a while. During that time we also discussed water parameters and my tank's cycle. We came to the conclusion that my...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I've been trying to get a clear answer but can't seem to... I'm dosing Thrive+ in an EI fashion according to the website's instructions (2 times a week and 3 if nitrates go to 0 before the water change). So far in my 10g with high lights and probably more than 30ppm co2 (it is at the very edge...
  3. Algae
    I had never a time when there was no algae in my tank for the past 8 years! This is the first time when all the algae has just vanished and plants are pearling and growing like they have never thrived before. All these years I used EI ferts, pressured CO2, 6500 K LED light, Amazonia & river...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I moved a while back and am finally getting back into a dosing routing with the new tanks I've got set up. You can find pics of my tanks & fish @columbus_aquascaping on instagram (https://www.instagram.com/columbus_aquascaping/). Lately I've been fighting some algae issues and likely nutrient...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    How is UNS all in one fertilizer from buceplant.com? https://buceplant.com/products/uns-plant-food
  6. Plants
    Hello, I have had my 50 gallon up and running for about 6 months now. It is heavily planted using aquasoil and everything has been growing well but I am starting to notice my Staurogyne Repens yellowing from the edges in. I currently dose nilocgs macros and micros alternating days. Lighting...
  7. Algae
    Hello, I have had my 50 gallon planted tank up and running for about two months now. I restarted it from scratch after it didn't fair well during my recent move. I have been struggling with hair and a brown filamentous algae for several weeks as well as some yellowing on new anubias leaves...
  8. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey everyone, IM trying to measure out my ferts for EI daily and since this is my first time measuring out the ferts myself so could someone double check my calculations before I go ahead and dose it. Also if theres anything else I should know please let me know. Thanks Micros Plantex CSM+B...
  9. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey everybody, I have been using thrive + since I set up my 20 gallon high tech tank and its now to the point where I have to put about 5 pumps per day to maintain a nitrate reading of above 5 ppm so I now want to switch over to Mixing my own ferts for a more cost-effective and accurate dosing...
  10. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I just setup a 20 gallon tank with pressurized co2 and a finnex planted plus light and am new to fertilizers. At the moment I only have monte carlo but am planning on adding some other plants in the future. I have the green leaf aquariums pps pro fertilizer and I use the recommended dose daily...
  11. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I had an established planted tank of 13inches or 33 cms*32 inches or 81.3 cms *21 inches or 53.3 cms so water capacity is 33x81.3x53.3 divived by 1000 = 142.99857 lts or 143 litres aquarium size or 37.7762 gallons that I have now reduced the height to half. The new dimensions are: 13.5 inches...
  12. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey all, I have not been having too much success with any plants that are growing towards the back of my tank. I have a 20G tank with one 20" Finnex Planted + 24/7. I have Monte carlo and staurogyne repens that have been growing fine. These two plants are located at teh front/mid sections of the...
  13. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello! About 2 weeks ago my 40B high tech was starting to really thrive. Algae was almost eradicated and I was feeling almost victorious. Then about a week ago I got hit with a flu that morphed to laryngitis/ear infection/crackling lungs/wheezing, go me? During that week I barely kept my...
  14. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello Everyone, I recently set up a 7 gallon tank. I have ADA substrate, small CO2 (stone diffuser arriving shortly) and a 18'' Finnex Ray2. I also have a Eheim Ecco canister filter blowing things around rather harshly. The light can go as low as 12" above substrate. Its a bit of a...
  15. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I have co2 and a ecoxotic led and was thinking about dry ferts. Anyone have any suggestions on what to dose. I have some dwarf hairgrass now but about to completely rescape the tank with new plants.
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Okay, so call me crazy, but i feel like the plantedtank shrimpers should hear this. Maybe its a coincidence, but i feel like that is unlikely. I keep RCS in a 5.5 gallon with relatively fast growing plants, CO2 and high lights. You may infer that im crazy based on this. But, lately my RCS are...
  17. Substrate
    I have been looking into using osmocote as a fertilizer in my tank, since I will be moving the whole setup back to my dorm after break (soil would get mixed up and it would be a mess). Could I use osmocote with eco-complete, or should I just skip the ferts?
  18. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey guys, I've been reading the forums for a while, but this is my first post. I recently had an issue I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. I just started EI dosing on my well established tank 2 nights ago, and yesterday I came home to 5 or 6 dead Tetras and the rest of my fish...
  19. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi. I bought 2lb KNO3, 1/2lb KH2PO4, and 1/2lb CSM+B to fertilize my 10 gallon low tech dirted tank (soil still has ferts in it, MGOCPM, running for a couple of months). I was so impressed at the response I got from the plants with the soil that I thought I would do EI and give them a little...
1-19 of 57 Results