The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 89 Results
  1. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I am adding a pressurized CO2 system to my 50g tank. I currently have an Eheim 2217 canister with a spray bar. I'd like to add the diffuser inline with the outlet tubing. I don't want mist. I'm trying to research how to add the CO2 diffuser to the outlet of the canister so it can stay hidden. Is...
  2. Equipment
    So I've noticed my 307 (sometimes my 207 but not near as often) has flow issues. Everything will work fine, then a week or so later there's hardly any flow coming out of the spray bar. So I tried sitting the canister on a raised platform to be higher and shorten the tubing - doesn't work. Made...
  3. Equipment
    So, I just recently purchased a Fluval Fx4 from a 407 for my 60 gallon. The problem now is no pipes are made to fit the 25.4 mm hosing. As far as the output Fluval makes a spray bar which I am looking at. However, that does not cover the intake. If I get vinyl 25.4mm id hosing, can it be clamped...
  4. Equipment
    Hi everyone! I recently got infected with the aquascaping/paludarium virus so I have started to collect materials my future rainforest paludarium. I have a dilemma regarding the filter choice. I would like to use a canister filter since I want as much space as possible inside the paludarium...
  5. Equipment
    I need some good advice for a 75 gal planted aquarium, This is what I have, I have 2 ? unknown gph hob filters I have 1 on each end of the aquarium to filter the tank & plenty of plant's & a small # of zebra & leopard danios. What I'm looking to do is make a small - medium size filter that...
  6. Equipment
    So I have a new 33 gallon long aquarium, but I have to wait at least 1-2 weeks minimum before I can build a stand for it. I already have a canister filter but I can't use it with the tank on the floor, since it needs to be placed below. So I was wondering would it be beneficial to run the...
  7. Equipment
    I installed my new canister filter today, and I read about the Eheim models to be super quiet, while mine is making a slight noise. It's been over 7 hours since I plugged it in, the noise is not loud, but noticeable,, even if the room is not fully quiet. I expected a noise from it right after I...
  8. Equipment
    Hi, so I have a turtle tank and I have a canister filter, I just cleaned the entire tank and noticed that there is an unusual amount of air (that should not be there) in the top of the canister. I have tried tilting it to get the air out, but there's still a lot of air left. I'm not too sure on...
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey all, Im setting up my second saltwater reef tank, but I am going to attempt to use a canister filter and lily pipes. I'm curious if there's anyone else on this forum running a saltwater system using freshwater equipment? I have questions about flow and lily pipes as well as the size...
  10. Equipment
    I have a 40g breeder aquarium with co2 injection and high light and I want to have plants in the aquarium like Ludwigia sp. Atlantis show their nice colors. I want to buy and Eheim Class 350 aka 2215 canister filter. I made a previous thread about my aquarium and I was recommended this Eheim...
  11. Equipment
    I am the new owner of a Fluval 7 series canister filter. The tubing, intake, and outtake are not the nicest and I'd like to replace them with something sleeker/easier to adjust. I know that you can buy glass lily pipes and such online, but how do I make sure that they are compatible with my...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Whats up everyone, this is my first post on this site. I am currently in the process of moving and unfortunately i have to take down my two tanks (75g cichlid tank and 20g shrimp/nano tank). I have about a month in between closings but luckily my buddy said I can move the 20g to his house for...
  13. Equipment
    I'm thinking about possibly trying out a Sunsun HW 302 for a tank upgrade. I do have a few questions though. 1. Does the out put rotate around different directions in the tank? 2. Does it only come with a spraybar? 3. Does the spraybar actually spray all the way down? I've had bad luck with...
  14. Equipment
    Hi everyone, You guys were awesome the last time I needed help so I figured I'd ask before went any further down the rabbit-hole again. So the consensus last time was that I'd need to do CO2 for my 29 gal tank. I've pick most of my equipment, but I didn't realize that a inline reactor (going...
  15. Equipment
    Hello group think, I have a 120 planted rainbow tank that has gone through some bouts with first ich and then green water, so I pulled the trigger on a Vecton 2 600 and now I’m scratching my head on how to plumb it. I was going to plumb in into the outlet of one of my two Eheim 4 Pro 600...
  16. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey guys, I recently bought a small canister filter for my 10 gallon aquarium. It was rated as a flow rate of 80gph. I know this is always overstated, but figured this would be more than enough for my aquarium. When I first set it up, I recorded 40gph. I figured that was still sufficient. Now...
  17. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Just got my new canister filter and trying to figure out how to integrate CO2. In my HOB, I just inserted a CO2 airline tube into the intake and would hear a tick noise as the bubbles passed the impeller. They had a direct path to the impeller. With the canister filter, the inlet water...
  18. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi, I am setting up a new 60 gallon planted tank. This is my first planted tank aquarium. I planning to buy Fluval 307 canister filter along with the lily pipes. But at the local store guy mentioned lily pipe is hard to fit in Fluval canister filter. Is that true?. if no, please suggest me which...
  19. Equipment
    Hi guys, I've been looking here and there but didn't find an answer to my question. I have a Cobalt EXT canister filter and I love it. Its only downside is that the water inline pump is a bit weak, maybe even weak-er as I'm using it OUTSIDE the tank. That's the beauty of this canister: you can...
  20. Equipment
    Hi, I've got a used Penguin Biowheel 200 on a 45 tall tank that I've had up and running a little less than a month now. The filter came with a 30g tank I found at goodwill and ended up not trusting, and when I set it up I noticed that the previous owner had opened the motor compartment (you...
1-20 of 89 Results