The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 51 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I had a peculiar site today when one of my Amano shrimp came out and was bright red! I am curious to know what may have caused this coloration and for it to be so bright! (Photos included below, HD video available upon request) We have had this 75 gal tropical freshwater planted tank as is for...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, I recently purchased 6 Amano shrimp at my LFS and one has a cloudy area which runs along its abdomen below its intestine tube. The rest are completely transparent and unforn throughout their body. Is there something up with this one or is it just how it is? Thank you! ps. Please ignore the...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    My amano shrimp, who has been a long time resident in my established tank is suddenly exhibiting abnormal behavior after a routine water change. It doesn't seem to be grazing anymore and is constantly cleaning itself and arching from time to time. It has persisted for the 3rd day in a row. I...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I got 20 of these shrimp in my 55-gallon planted tank, and although the shopkeeper agreed with my saying that it is Amano shrimp, he was not entirely sure, now that I have known about ghost shrimp I am confused about which one it is. Can someone help identify if it is Amano shrimp or ghost...
  5. Fish
    Hi, I was wondering if Amano shrimp will eat the same food as Kuhli Loaches, or if they could live together not competing over food. Does anyone know?
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi guys! Im new to this forum and love that we all get to share our knowledge to help others. I have had a planted tank for three years now and added in what I thought were Amanos...of course at the time I had no clue other than what they were vaguely suppose to look like. Long story short I...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    When I turned my fish tank lights on this morning I saw one of my amino shrimp dead. It had a yellow ish dot on it like the one in the picture (which is still alive.) All of my other 6 amano shrimp are fine. I did a 20% water change on the thursday, so 2 days ago now. Is the dot a sign of some...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I did a large water change the other day, ~60% and noticed both RCS and Amanos went into hiding afterwards. I don't see any dead ones, ammonia spike, or empty shells. I still see some hanging around and eating and they seem to be increasingly back in view now two days later. I'm making other...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I introduced 20 RCS and 10 Amano to a new 50G yesterday. I have kept RCS for many years but first experience with Amano. At first they swam all over the place exploring and foraging. I noticed at lights off last night some of Amanos were hanging out on the suction cups on my heaters and other...
  10. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So I just got 4 baby ADFs (African Dwarf Frogs, NOT CLAWED) in my planted 15g, and I can already tell that feeding them is going to cause some mess -- I'm using frozen blood worm cubes, and those get everywhere. I don't want to have to pick individual worms out of the substrate/gravel vacuum...
  11. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi all. So i got my amano shrimp over the last week. there are 5 in my 5 gallon tank. I cam home to see one amano swimming at the top of the tank in circles. He did a couple laps and now is on the substrate and isn't moving much. He's turned kinda reddish, a deeper color than I've seen any...
  12. Algae
    I have a 20 gallon planted tank that has recently finished cycling. The tank is lit 10 hours a day by 34 watts of LED lighting, is kept at 78 degrees and has a neutral pH. Unfortunately, a bunch of thread algae has started to take over and I'm worried it will inhibit my plant growth. I was...
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have 1 Amano Shrimp that is about 3 inches. He is not very active at all and mostly stationary. Am I safe to assume that he reached the end of his life span? I understand that some shrimps are afraid of some fishes but I have 6 neon tetras that are half of his size...
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So this is my first venture into the shrimp keeping hobby. I did loads of research, got all my supplies, let my tank cycle for 4 months, etc. Here's the parameters: 10g planted tank ammonia: 0 nitrite: 0 nitrate: 0 TDS: 213 GH: 7 KH: 4 temp: constant 75.6 Shrimp arrived yesterday, all in good...
  15. Plants
    This week I added a bunch of red root floaters to my two nano tanks. One has a DYI sponge filter set on low where a few bubbles come out every few seconds. The other has nothing and is basically just a place where I'm growing out some plants I haven't decided what to do with. The plants in both...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've seen some mixed reviews on this topic, and I wondered if anyone currently has the two and would be willing to share their experiences. Alternatively if you HAD them together and no longer do. My aquarium is a 5g low-tech medium planted. I have three assassin snails right now, and that's...
  17. Planted Nano Tanks
    Thought I would start up a site for my Tank: (I know it's a little overstocked, but changing water x2/wk.) Fluval Flora 7.9 Gallon (wet start 10/24/14) Aquarium Inhabitants 4–Nerite snails (2): Neritana natalensis “Zebra”...
1-17 of 51 Results