Certain plants dying in low tech?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #1
wantsome
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Certain plants dying in low tech?

I have a 40 gallon and most is going well in it except certain plants are dying. I have 2 hang on back filters and a Current Satellite LED + for lighting. Lights are set to 8 hours a day. I do one EI dose at half strength once a week and a 50% water change.

My crypts and anubias are growing like crazy. I've never had them grow so fast until I started dosing. I have no algae in the tank what so ever. The tank has been up and running for 6 weeks.

All of my plants along the back glass background of the aquarium have died or are dying. I'm not sure is it's a dead spot from lack of current or not enough lighting.

The plants in the background are java fern bolbitis and water sprite. The bolbitits melted away. I'm not sure if it was shock from moving to another tank or any of the above mentioned. I did transplant it from once peice of wood to another right before it melted. Same with the java fern it turned black and is barely hanging on. The water sprite is turning brown slowly and dying away.

Any suggestions of what might have happen?

I'm wonder if moving the plants from one peice of wood to another might have caused the ferns to die and I moved them to another tank or if it's lack of light?

I'm wondering if the angle of the light from my LED isn't reaching the back of the tank. The light is situated more towards the back of the tank and all of my plants in the front are doing well especially my crypt parva.
wantsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #2
HuntCast
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

It might actually be too MUCH light. I had the same problem on a 10 gal with the same plants. I cut back the wattage of my CFL and raised the light, and everything bounced back.
HuntCast is offline   Reply With Quote