Anyone in Omaha
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Nebraska

Old 07-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
jstehman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Anyone in Omaha

Petsmart at Shadow Lake has Redline barbs Denisonii for $6.99. They only have like 8, and they are a "special buy". Don't know if they will get any more.

Thought I'd share, since my LFS has them for $20 a pop.
jstehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Bobtheturtle
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

I actually went to Omaha yesterday and picked all 8 of them up. They looked pretty good so will see how well they go in my Quarantine tank. Do you by any chance know what happen to Paradise Cove pets in bellevue. Went there and the building was up for sale. Wasn't sure if they moved or just went out of business. My wife is dissapointed cuz thats where she usually gets her live rock from for her salt tank.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

I was there last weekend and they had 6 of them and I got all 6. I had to drive 3 hours home with them and lost 1 the first night. All the rest of them are looking good. The girl working there told me that it is a special buy and didn't know how long it was going to be going on for. Good deal for folks in Omaha.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
jstehman
Planted Tank Obsessed

The owner of Paradise Cove "disappeared". I think he owed a lot to the leasing company.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
aczeller
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to aczeller Send a message via MSN to aczeller Send a message via Yahoo to aczeller

so other than the Petco's and Petsmarts around town, where else do you guys find your freshwater fish and plants?

Fish Freaks (108th & Q'ish)
Aqua Pets (108th & Maple)
Petland (120th & Center)

any place else?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aczeller View Post
so other than the Petco's and Petsmarts around town, where else do you guys find your freshwater fish and plants?

Fish Freaks (108th & Q'ish)
Aqua Pets (108th & Maple)
Petland (120th & Center)

any place else?

I think thats all thats left to choose from in Omaha. Sad thing is before we know it the Petco's and Petsmarts will have no other competition.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
Old 09-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
Jakowski321

A new shop opened on 108th and q I think. It's called Nebraska aquatic supply. They have alot of plants. Also quite a bit of sw and corals
Jakowski321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #8
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakowski321 View Post
A new shop opened on 108th and q I think. It's called Nebraska aquatic supply. They have alot of plants. Also quite a bit of sw and corals

Really?? Thats good to know. Hopefully they can stay open for more than a year. LFS seem to be few and far between anymore.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
aczeller
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to aczeller Send a message via MSN to aczeller Send a message via Yahoo to aczeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakowski321 View Post
yep... ran in there the other day. The guy that owns it is Ron (the main fish guy from Paradise Cove) and his brother. VERY nice clean store. one of the best I have seen to date. This Saturday (9/17/11), they will be having an open-house/grand opening sale. I have another buddy of mine that plans to come with me. I need some sponge filters and he needs another reason to spend money. lol

Later,
Andy
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 AM   #10
Legion
Algae Grower

Wow... nice stuff! Never would have known about this... I will have to make sure I am in attendance on Saturday! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aczeller View Post
yep... ran in there the other day. The guy that owns it is Ron (the main fish guy from Paradise Cove) and his brother. VERY nice clean store. one of the best I have seen to date. This Saturday (9/17/11), they will be having an open-house/grand opening sale. I have another buddy of mine that plans to come with me. I need some sponge filters and he needs another reason to spend money. lol

Later,
Andy
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
aczeller
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Wow... nice stuff! Never would have known about this... I will have to make sure I am in attendance on Saturday! Thanks for the heads up!
Ironically enough, it has been pushed back to October 15th so they can do it with another shop in their plaza. however, there are now supposed to be husker hotties there, so i'm all for pushing it back as far as they want... if we wait long enough, maybe the bunnies will appear. lol

Later,
Andy
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
Legion
Algae Grower

Hmmm.... well the store is open currently though right? Know what kind of selection they have by any chance? Mostly fish ... or do they sell stuff for tanks too? Crap selection like Petsmart/Petco or are they better? I live in Bellevue and don't really wanna drive all the way out there if its not great lol. Of course, I guess, it probably wouldn't be hard to beat the other stores around... :/
Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
aczeller
Algae Grower

nice big store... TONS of fish, but they have a large selection of things for tanks too. i hear they have plants, but i didn't really look for them while i was there. By far, the largest selection of "stuff" that I have seen at any fish store, especially when you talk about QUALITY items.

they are open as we speak... they are still having a mini-opening on saturday, but i went in there last friday. he said they had been open since the 3rd IIRC.

Later,
Andy
Old 09-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
jstehman
Planted Tank Obsessed

Was just there yesterday. Ron told me he had 5 55gal's ready just for plants. He also told me that he was going to try to have a strictly plant section... Right now he's only got Anubias, Cabomba, HC, and some swords.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #15
Legion
Algae Grower

The HC must be a new addition... I didn't see any of it when I was in there.