CO2 diffuser?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #1
arom0024
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

CO2 diffuser?

I am curious about the greenleaf CO2 diffusers. I have a wet dry filter so my options are between the inline and outline. So my question is witch one is better? If inline should it be before or after my uv sterilizer or doesnt matter. Also i see they have different sizes and i dont know what i need i have a 55 gallon tank.
arom0024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
DirtDevilDTOM
Algae Grower

I have the GLA atomic inline diffuser on my 72 gallon and it seems to be working very well. The bubbles that come out are super fine and are all over the tank. The hose goes from my filter to my UV and then the UV into the diffuser. The diffuser is about 8" before the outflow back into the tank.

I haven't had it long enough to clean it yet and they reccomend having two so you can swap them for cleaning. They reccomend cleaning every 6 months for the inline version.
DirtDevilDTOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Pauliukas
Algae Grower

Send a message via Skype™ to Pauliukas

I have in line too but there is a problem i dont like 7 - up look. watch youtube video how it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79hBHBd56JI
I reccoment reactors for biger thant 100 liters tank:
there is a nice and good reaview: http://aquariumplantis.weebly.com/bl...quarium-plants
Old 12-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
rick dale
Planted Member

Default diffuser

Contact GLA , they will help you with what you need. Very hlpful. I use everything GLA.
rick dale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
JoraaĐ
TÝrŰd ─▀ˇűt ╦σ R╔├ÝrŰ

PTrader: (351/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arom0024 View Post
I am curious about the greenleaf CO2 diffusers. I have a wet dry filter so my options are between the inline and outline. So my question is witch one is better?
If you have high output pump(then what is needed) then go with reactor. I cant get the desire flow after hooking reactor/s and pumping back to the tank. I'm now using Inline atomizer. Cant complain.

Quote:
so my options are between the inline and outline.
What is Outline??

Quote:
If inline should it be before or after my uv sterilizer or doesnt matter.
I would after UV sterilizer.

Last edited by JoraaĐ; 12-15-2014 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: ~~~
JoraaĐ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

I used to really like my inline GLA diffuser. However, I have reconsidered that. First, it's so much harder to chase down leaks because you get very little visual perspective of what is going on. Unlike an in tank, if you get a leak, you probably won't know until your drop checker changes or your tank is empty. On top of that, due to the higher working pressure these things need, leaks appear more often. I really like using silicone air hose for CO2, for example, but it expands at that pressure. Being inline makes them very hard to clean as well, though they don't seem to need to be cleaned nearly as often, I would let mine go for over 6 months without cleaning.

I would also recommend being prepared to replace these every few years. They aren't super cheaply made but they are far from something that will last forever.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
Vancat2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

I, too used to really like my GLA inline diffusor. They work FANTASTIC, and GLA sells great stuff. However, I got tired of the micro-bubble haze. As for their in-tank diffusor, I believe there is the same haze issue. I recently changed to a PVC reactor and really like it. The CO2 level does not get up nearly as quickly as with the GLA diffusor, but that's a worthy tradeoff for me. Tank looks crystal clear without the microbubble haze.
Vancat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
arom0024
Algae Grower

Hmm i tjought the inline diffuser would diffuse all the bubblez and there should be no bubbles? My uv sterilizer slowed down my water pressure alot. I was thinking if i put the diffuser before the uv wouldnt it diffuse better?
arom0024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.