Dry Ferts in Philly Area
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 12-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
Dempsey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (109/100%)

Dry Ferts in Philly Area

Does anyone know a good place to get dry ferts in the philly area?

Thanks!

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

75G High Tech
Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
msc
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)

Don’t know a lot about Philly, I get my ferts from (greenleafaquariums.com) good prices and very fast shipping.
msc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
sajata
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

I get my Ferts from green leaf also, ground shipping is like second day now that Christmas has passed. But you can try Captain Nemo's in norristown. If you have never been there might be worth the drive. They have a reasonable selection of plants and driftwood. they also have a 5000g tank with a silver tipped shark in it,

http://www.nemosaquarium.com/
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
Dempsey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (109/100%)

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I tried Nemo's. They don't have dry ferts. I do get allot of supplies there though. Good prices. I went to "That Pet Place" today. I picked up some Assassin snail, Tiger Lotus, Rotala Indica, bulbs and some other liquid ferts. No dry ferts there either... Worth the trip thought!! Awesome place and plant plants! Not to mention fish!

I might just order online from the site you two suggested. Thank you!

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

75G High Tech
Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
morf2540
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

HI, I am near Philly. Where is That Pet Place? I know of it only as a mail order site...
morf2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

no LFS around here carries dry ferts because they make more money on seachem you could try a local hydroponics shop if you can find one. but i would just order online because at a hydroponics store its likley going to be a huge bag that will last you 10-20 years.
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
StillLearning
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morf2540 View Post
HI, I am near Philly. Where is That Pet Place? I know of it only as a mail order site...
Its in Lancaster. Its about a hour and a half from Philly. By far the best fish store around the area. Really a nice place to visit if you have time its huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I tried Nemo's. They don't have dry ferts. I do get allot of supplies there though. Good prices. I went to "That Pet Place" today. I picked up some Assassin snail, Tiger Lotus, Rotala Indica, bulbs and some other liquid ferts. No dry ferts there either... Worth the trip thought!! Awesome place and plant plants! Not to mention fish!

I might just order online from the site you two suggested. Thank you!
greenleafaquariums.com like the rest said. He must tip the mail people extra cause he sure gets his products to you fast.
StillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

i was at a wedding on haloween down the street from that pet place and drove by it. it does look like a huge store, but its a really far and boring drive. its even farther if you dont live near the turnpike. its like 1.5 hours from the turnpike
Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
StillLearning
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
i was at a wedding on haloween down the street from that pet place and drove by it. it does look like a huge store, but its a really far and boring drive. its even farther if you dont live near the turnpike. its like 1.5 hours from the turnpike
I can get from the bridge to there in less then a hour and a half. Yes it is a boring drive but well worth it. I don't think there is a better store in the area.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

i still dont think they cary dry ferts...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
StillLearning
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
i still dont think they cary dry ferts...
No one said they did cause I know they don't. greenleafaquariums is the place to go for it. your not going to find anywhere around here with them unless you find a hydroponic store.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillLearning View Post
No one said they did cause I know they don't. greenleafaquariums is the place to go for it. your not going to find anywhere around here with them unless you find a hydroponic store.
uhh thanks for repeating my previous post? see post @ 9:28am... and yes some one did... the post subject says dry ferts philly area, so wouldent it make sense that this is why he was asking where that shop is?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
StillLearning
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
uhh thanks for repeating my previous post? see post @ 9:28am... and yes some one did... the post subject says dry ferts philly area, so wouldent it make sense that this is why he was asking where that shop is?
No problem I didn't see it so I made sure it was clear Who found them? Since you say someone did.. I didn't see anyone say they did yet in the Philly area.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
jerzguy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (16/94%)

How do I use the dry ferts? I always buy the seachem excel, iron, comprehensive planted solution or something like that, phospate. Dry ferts is something like I can mix it by myself? Will it be cheaper than the seachem? Any comments please.

Thanks
jerzguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #15
StillLearning
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzguy View Post
How do I use the dry ferts? I always buy the seachem excel, iron, comprehensive planted solution or something like that, phospate. Dry ferts is something like I can mix it by myself? Will it be cheaper than the seachem? Any comments please.

Thanks
This post has everything you need to know. You can mix them if you feel the need to or just put them in the tank dry. Its much cheaper though.

As for the ferts this is what you need instead of the high paid water They have other stuff as well there.