Restaurant soda co2 canister
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 06-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
aquarist
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Restaurant soda co2 canister

Hey TPTers,

I recently found an awesome deal on 3 restaurant soda co2 canisters for $50 for all three, one is full and the other two are empty. My question to you guys is, will these work with a regular regulator? I have two standard full size regulators, and would love to have some backup co2 canisters just in case the local store is out, which happens. I don't think they have the same connection but I could be mistaken, so I figured I would ask here and see what people have to say.
aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Mirkinator
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Usually they are cga 320 threaded for soda and beer setups. Typically they will say it right by the threads, my Kegco tank is labeled "CGA 320" right on it.
Mirkinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:24 AM   #3
loach guy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "regular regulator". CO2 systems require a regulator rated for a CO2 tank. Cylinder gas regulators are specifically designed for handling certain types of gasses. The CGA 320 thread id dedicated for use of CO2 systems. So unless someone has put an adapter on it, in theory, if it fits, it should work as long as the pressure and flow rate is within operating parameters.
loach guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 AM   #4
aquarist
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loach guy View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "regular regulator".
I was referring to a single stage regulator, specifically Milwaukee regulators, those are what I am using currently due to their affordability. I know they aren't the best quality out there, but so far I haven't had any issues with mine thankfully.
aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote