LFS: Kazimir's Pet Shop - Hackensack, NJ
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New Jersey

Old 08-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

LFS: Kazimir's Pet Shop - Hackensack, NJ

Kazimir's Pet Shop
82 Anderson Avenue
Hackensack, NJ

I like Kazimir's! It certainly isn't the best looking place in the world, but this Mom and Pop pet shop is a real throwback. The owners are great. It is the type of place where being a "regular" is fun!

I pop by the shop about every other week and find that Kazimir's always has plants. Some days the variety is fantastic, other days it is so so. The people at Kazimir's order plants from suppliers, and get a lot of plants from local hobbyists. I have picked up some great Crypts and some unusual stem plants at Kazimir's, stuff you don't find in some of the better known shops.

Kazimir's also carries some odd ball fish from time to time. The prettiest Altums I have ever seen were at Kazimir's.

You will want to go elsewhere for dry goods, but for plants, service, and some fish, Kazimir's is a neat place to visit.

Mike
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (96/100%)

I have to agree. The "i feel at home sensation" is what makes this store worth going to. As stated above, its not the "flashiest" store...but there staff are wonderful people. They do have a weakness for being low on stock occasionally, however they do get alot of hard to find items.
Gatekeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
LS6 Tommy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Good store! I use to go there when I worked for IDT. Got my first Empereor tetras there.

Tommy

Eheim Pimp #204.
58 gal planted Oceanic
Red Turquiose Discus, Japonica shrimp, assorted Blue Eyed Rainbows, Tetras, Hatchets, Danios, Rasboras
10 gal low tech planted Celestial Pearl Danio (Celestichthys margaritatus) & Emerald Dwarf Rasbora (Microrasbora erythromicron)
LS6 Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote