any guidance useful - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #16
nismo tetra
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I use the whole entire line of flourish ferts 3x a week and have root tabs scattered throughout the bottom. 5ml trace, 2ml comprehensive, 2ml iron, 2.5ml phosphorus, 1.25ml nitrogen, 4ml potassium, 2ml excel (10ml excel on WC day). At start up I did this schedule once a week. As they grow you will start to notice deficiencies, that is when I would start adding more(2x a week). I think my tank is good at 3x week as of now. The plants are growing out of the tank and I have no more algae issue after adding a tad bit more phosphorus. Not to mention the colors look healthy and the tenellus is throwing out plantlets like crazy, and stems need a trim once a week. Keep in mind I do a 50-60% WC weekly. Depending on what plants you have, you will want to add more iron. However, I have my dry ferts on order(N,P,K gh booster), but I will still be using the Flourish liquids for trace and Iron. I'm starting up another 20 gallon, so it was time for the wallet friendly ferts. I also use DIY co2 on this particular setup.
nismo tetra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #17
HungrySpleen
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

hey nismo what is the tanksize with diy co2? and how well would you say its working.

ive been dosing 3/4 cap excel every day and nitrate ,potassium , and comprehensive twice a week for 2 weeks now ,finally after 7 months things are growing like they should for the first time
HungrySpleen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #18
HungrySpleen
Algae Grower

Default new pics of tank

old pic is first
dec2

dec26

sorry tanks dirty as heck but sunday is cleaning day and i wanted an some scaping ideas for then
any tips for moving stuff around now?
i need a few ideas to rescape now
the plants are
2 swords in back of driftwood and 1 in front
1baby tears
2 java ferns
pennywort in back cant see it
bunch of chain swords
3 water sprites
mycophylium of some kind
1 bunch of cabomba
3 hygros that arent doing anything cept looking bad
anacharis as wel not growing really
1 red tiger lotus
1 undulata with baby plant attached
1 dwarf hairgrass
1 tiny piece of hornwort

2 tiny unknown plants

Last edited by HungrySpleen; 12-27-2009 at 04:57 AM..
Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 AM   #19
Twimbo
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

If you have not yet seen this article, check it out. Its very useful.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/libra.../aa122203a.htm

Point #4 gives three basic design shapes for your tank. Right now, you don't have any of the three. Especially if you are a beginner, I recommend trying to get your plants into one of the mentioned shapes. Given the positioning of your driftwood, I'm thinking that your tank would lend itself to the concave layout - but, you need to pick what you think will work best.

Hope this helps.

By the way, congrats on the progress. Your tank is filling out nicely. Just need patience.
Twimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #20
HungrySpleen
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twimbo View Post
If you have not yet seen this article, check it out. Its very useful.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/libra.../aa122203a.htm

Point #4 gives three basic design shapes for your tank. Right now, you don't have any of the three. Especially if you are a beginner, I recommend trying to get your plants into one of the mentioned shapes. Given the positioning of your driftwood, I'm thinking that your tank would lend itself to the concave layout - but, you need to pick what you think will work best.

Hope this helps.

By the way, congrats on the progress. Your tank is filling out nicely. Just need patience.
thanks for the link

honestly i just kinda stuck the stuff in there and hoped itd look good.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 AM   #21
HungrySpleen
Algae Grower

Default new look again

im kinda likin' it this time now to let it grow perhaps?after spreading out chain sword of course

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.