2 liter(1/2 gallon) tank Q's
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 08-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #1
Luke

PTrader: (0/0%)

2 liter(1/2 gallon) tank Q's

i have a 1 liter tank that i was going to try to use for my office, but i think i am going to look for a 2 liter tank[that is the biggest i could go, not much space on my desk...too much work stuff..: ) ] ....i know this is very small, but i could perform daily or every other day 50-75% water changes...my office is kept pretty cold 68 to 74....at home i have a 40gal and an eclipse 3gal...i am looking for a tank roughly a 6" cube...what lighting would you guys reccomend?...low light plants, java moss base, piece of wood or stone with small anubius nana "petite" attached, and some asian ambulia to suck up the nitrates....oh and would you put any substrate, or would you have better plant recommendations?.....as far as the livestock, ramshorn, ghost shrimp [if they can stand the temp], and maybe a couple white cloud minnows, or what other tiny fish would you reccommend for this little cold tank?...no filter unless i can get a hold of one of those tiny azoo filters, and maybe the light as well....i am not an expert and dosing ferts is rather new to me, but i am not looking for super growth or pearling, just a little bit of life in my cold dark windowless office...
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
pufferfreak
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak

No Fish! Or Shrimp!
pufferfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:31 AM   #3
XJBaylor
Algae Grower

I would say buy one of the Azoo Razzle-Dazzle kits, and just try to do a good job of planting it. There aren't any fish I would want to keep in a tank that small.
XJBaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:51 AM   #4
SoCalSunset
Algae Grower

So many aquarists worked hard to get "aquababies" and the like, reduced to the barely surviving companies that they are today. Yet,so many aquarists are taking the term "nano tank" too far. If you can't keep an aquarium of a decent size, why keep one at all?

Quote:
just a little bit of life in my cold dark windowless office...
If YOU'RE suffering in that "setup", then why are you willing to do the same to some fish and/or shrimp?

I don't want to be so harsh, but just give it a little thought before adding any livestock to those excessively small "aquariums".

Serg
SoCalSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
rollerband
Algae Grower

Send a message via ICQ to rollerband Send a message via Yahoo to rollerband

I only know betta fish can survive with filtering.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #6
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (175/100%)

I think it's too small for a Betta, not just from the room requirements, but also to keep temps and water conditions alright.

You could try to do this without filter, maybe a slightly enriched substrate and instead of a filter a air stone for gentle water movement?

I don't see a big problem of putting a few ghost shrimps in there. Many people buy them to feed their fish... With regular water changes and a heater the might live a long and fullfilled life.

Please do not put any fish in it... especially not White Clouds which love room to swim, clean water and some water movement.
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote