Rescape Advice
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
someguy9812
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Rescape Advice

Anyone have any advice or suggestions on what i should do. I am little bored with this rescape and would like to change it. I would perfer not to get a large amount of plant mass becuase I have a pretty good balance of fish and plants.

Tank is 29 g, low tech, about 2.5 wpg. Had DIY CO2 but havent refilled in a long time. Pretty good growth with or without it.

Majority of plant mass is water wisteria, but all do have the anubias, java fern(needle, and windelov) crypt wednii bronze, crypt balanese, small sword, crypt retrosparalis, vals, anacharis, hornwort, and some grassy thing in front right. Probably somethign else i cannot remember.

Also ahve a couple small pieces of driftwood with a bit or moss attached. I have both large and small river rock/boulder i could add.

Here are the pics of the current tank.

someguy9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
triazole
Algae Grower

PTrader: (18/100%)

I think your tank has luscious green plants, among which the wisteria stands out the most, though it's more of a background plant.
I think the first step would be to replace the anachris at the back right with wisteria. That'd free up some space in the front so that you could begin to see some of the other plants...:-), and then think more about scaping the tank. And the bioload won't be changing by much, as wisteria grows fast..
But please wait till you get more input...
triazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
someguy9812
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks for the response.

The wisteria does grow very fast, i trim often as it start to take over the tank, but grows back quickly. I really liek the look of that plant though so i dont mind that it take sup space.

Ide just like to be able to see some of my other plants a bit better as they get covered with the wisteria.

Any more comment or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks
someguy9812 is offline   Reply With Quote