Need Plant Help (LOTS OF PICTURES)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
MO3N
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

Need Plant Help (LOTS OF PICTURES)

I really like the basic aquascape of my tank. but i feel there is to much green. im thinking i need a red plant in the middle left. but i am not sure if i want one of those red lillie pad type plants or ludwigia glandalosa. i also think i will switch my ground cover out to glosso the marcilia is a little to tall. here are alot of pictures to help you see it. sorry about the picture quality. i also had an algea outbreak because i was trying to use up some old PMDD that i had and it kinda messed my dosing up but you will get the idea. and any other help or advice that you have would be very very helpful.
Thanks CJ

Full tank shot. lots of anubias but i like them because they are easy and flower alot.

Left side. will look a little better when the part behind the log grows in. i have i think its nasia gold and one other plant that looks like bacopa but round and more red leafs.

Right side. you cant tell but i have brown/red crypts growing under the anubias on the wood to help break up the nana and the ground cover.

Middle Left part. im thinking i need a red plant behind that large anubias that has the flower.

Far Far right have rotala and bacopa behind the anubias. just trimed it thats why its so low.

Middle Right this one you can kinda see the crypts under the anubias

Far Far Left. this is the part i need to let grow up and i think maybe one more stem plant can fit back there but dont want to over crowd it.

My set up is a 75 gallon with a 4 bulb TEK light. my bulbs are about a year old and need to be replaced but thats a side note i have a SUMO reg and dose the EI method
MO3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
Strick
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

A little color never hurts, but honestly, I think it looks great just the way it is.

That 'stump' on the right is terrific!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (116/100%)

What about ludwigia repens?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
MO3N
Planted Member

ya i feel like i need just a little more color more then anything i need to get my dosing down to get rid of the little bit of algae i got going. i tried L. Repens but i can never keep the lower leaves on. they always seem to drop off. they grew like crazy but those dang lower leaves wont stay on. but yours looks perfect. so whats your secret.

how hard are those red lillies to grow like speedie408's tank

i think i would like to get some blyxa growing under the left side piece of wood. but that would be pretty easy to just put in.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
MO3N
Planted Member

i guess its actually called a lotus lol been using the wrong name this entire time.