cherry shrimp breeding
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 08-07-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
pufferfreak
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak

cherry shrimp breeding

Hi i'm setting up my 55 gallon to be planted.....1 type of fish, rasboras (40ish of them) and some algae eating snails (pond snails and MTS, the pond snails will not eat plants, but will eat algae, it has been tested) I was wondering, I love the cherry shrimp, but I just can't spend all that money on 20 of these guys! Thats how many shrimp i am wanting to have. I was thinking, if I get a clay pot where its low and small so the shrimp can hide and feel safe, do you think 10 cherry shrimp would breed in my tank and be able to have the fry raised? The pH is like 8.3, soft water, cycled tank. I would post GH, KH and stuff but I don't have a test. I'll try to find one though. I was just wondering if the shrimp are easy to breed, Also If needed, I can setup a 10 gallon breeding tank with hard water if that would help? Thanks guys, also my soft water is treated with salt.
pufferfreak is offline   Reply With Quote