Separating the dirt from the water
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 08-05-2004, 03:51 AM   #1
aychamo
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Separating the dirt from the water

Hey guys

What are some good ways to separate the "planted" side from the "water" side in a vivarium?

I'm doing one, and I was thinking I could just build a rock wall, and put like a lining of a pond-liner type material on the dirt side, and that would keep the water from getting into the dirt, and I could hide the liner with rocks and all that...

But as I think, it seems like with the weight of all the water pushing against the dirt-in-a-bag that it would warp it and mess it all up.

Is it back to the drawing board?
aychamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2004, 05:00 AM   #2
steven
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Are you just trying to divide the tank into two halves, one for water and one for dirt? If so, just have your local glass shop cut a strip of glass the lenth of your tank's front to back depth and the width of however high you want it. Then silicone this in making a partial height divider. The glass will only cost you a few bucks and it will be easy and effective.

You could even use two or three strips to make a more interesting shape.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.