Starting a fish room
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
Blade
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Starting a fish room

I've decided to do an all out fish room. It will have 3 55 gallons and a 125 gallon when its all done.

Here's the first 55.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeremy...6uehBB5A9iRRAm

I don't like the plants in the back of the tank much, so those will be replaced. I am undecided as to whether or not i want to do a full lawn.

Right now it holds 3 Serba's cories, 4 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 3 Bosami Rainbows, and 5 Kribs. The Bosami Rainbows are going to get moved to the 125, and eventually I will move in some Angels I am raising. I may or may not need to move out some of the Kribs, I'll wait and see,

I built the rock bank specifically for the Kribs. This gives them plenty of hiding spots and the whole lower level to themselves. It's also in a spot where I can still observe them. Also it allows the rest of the tank plenty of room to swim without bothering the Kribs

The first thing I need to do is upgarde the lighting, rihgt now I have 1 38w t-5 on it. I'll be doing a cash out today or tomorrow so I should have more in a few days
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
Blade
Algae Grower

I got some new photos of the first 55. I replaced the old background plants with some from my 29gallon. which were hidden in the back. One of the things I want to work on with this tank is setting it in a way that allows each plant to be admired on its own. When I did the 29 I just put alot of plants in it, which looked good in its entirity, but didn't allow each plant to be seen. I upgraded the lighting from 1 to 3 38w T5's.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeremy...s.ViBBYN2Y0rEr

I moved in the rest of the tanks (125 and 2 55's) which I still need to get equipment for.

I've decided that along with each tank having different fish I want them all to have different plant and rock types as well. So that each one will truly be unique.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (175/100%)

Can't display the pic in your second link, but the first one is nice, should be a perfect place to keep Kribs. I wish I had the time, space, and money for a "fish room".
How will you arrange the tanks? Are they all on the same level? Do you plan on connecting them somehow, or will they be completely separate?
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #4
Blade
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
Can't display the pic in your second link, but the first one is nice, should be a perfect place to keep Kribs. I wish I had the time, space, and money for a "fish room".
How will you arrange the tanks? Are they all on the same level? Do you plan on connecting them somehow, or will they be completely separate?

I replaced the link. The tanks will be on different walls. The first 55 is actually up on an protruding fire place landing so it is higher. The 125 will be on the wall right of the 55 and directly across from a large coach. The other two 55's are on a cast iron stand one on top of each other sitting diagonally on the opposite side of the room.

Never post a link through hotmail. It really works now

EDIT

I added a couple pictures of the double dark angels and the Betta which I used for cycling and planned on already moving out but my daughter adores it so it will stay in for the time being
Old 08-06-2004, 02:30 AM   #5
Rosko_22
Planted Member

Great looking tank.

I really like the "steep bottom" look and all those rocks in there. Nice looking fish and plants too.

It'll be interesting to see the other tanks setup with different plants, fish and scapes, can't wait.
Rosko_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
Blade
Algae Grower

I added some pics of the other empty tanks and the room, so you can get an idea of it, plus some misc stuff on the fish

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeremy...aTXjBBnKwi0rEr

Oh I guess I should mention that the upturned coach you see in the back ground is going to my youngerst brother. I didn't have room after my other brother's mother-in-law gave me a stand which just happens to be perfect for a empty 37 tall I have in my Ftther's garage. How could I say no?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:42 AM   #7
Blade
Algae Grower

55 #2

I've started the 2nd 55. I'm not really sure what type of plants I am going to use yet, the ones in I just grabbed from my 29 gallon planted. I am thinking of a wild jungle look with plenty of reds. Right now it has a school of about 10 tiger barbs, 3 male Red Dwarf Cockatoo's, and a red tail shark which will be leaving perhaps as early as tomorrow. I took all the males but the two largest from my 29 gallon and left them with alone with the 3 females in hopes of spwaning them. We'll see. I originally planned on leaving only 1 but I just didn't have the heart to play god as they both are truly awesome fish.

The more I looked at the last 55 which is a 55 tall, the more I realized that it is perfect for the Black Angels curently in 55 #1. In that tank I think I want to go with a much more community approach with semi large schools of Cardinals and Rummy Nose and perhaps a few swordtails if I can find the color I am looking for.

The Kribs seem to be doing very well in there and so far al 5 are getting along for the most part. Besides moving the Angels eventually, the Bosami Rainbows will also be going to 55 #3.