New store in Seattle - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 05-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #46
connordude27
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (36/100%)

i asked about store hours yesterday talking to jimmy

Weekdays (closed tuesday) 12:30-8
Weekends 12:30-7

425-686-8428 (store phone number)

The banner is up so the store is much easier to find
connordude27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #47
jlo
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipley View Post
Jlo
Thanks for letting us know you are still open, I'm looking forward to visiting your store.

The aquariumplusonline.com doesn't link to your store, which is why I questioned if your shop was still open.

Do you have a working link, or could you post your store hours?

Thanks
My web designer still woring on my web site, the web site should be up soon, thank you for checking and asking.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 AM   #48
Kipley
Algae Grower

Great store, small space. but interesting and well chosen selection. and really good, I mean really good prices! I picked up some willow and flame moss and look forward to my next visit to buy fish. Thanks Jimmy, it was cool to meet you!
I googled the Tosakin Goldfish too - amazing!
Kipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #49
jlo
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipley View Post
Great store, small space. but interesting and well chosen selection. and really good, I mean really good prices! I picked up some willow and flame moss and look forward to my next visit to buy fish. Thanks Jimmy, it was cool to meet you!
I googled the Tosakin Goldfish too - amazing!
Thank you very much, It was good to meet you too.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #50
jlo
Algae Grower

I brought about 15 pot of the true dwarf hair grass here ( this is the kind it won't grow more than 1.5") I had lots of people ask me about them before, so I brought them down. Thank you
Old 07-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #51
connordude27
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The true hair grass is awesome stuff i have a pot i got from Jimmy yesterday. It will look awesome when it fills in.

The store is still really cool lots of awesome tanks. Lots of cool inverts like CPO's, Taiwan shrimp (really red color i believe i remember) CRS, hong kong bee shrimp, Sulawesi Cardinals all sorts of awesome shrimp.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #52
tundrafour
Algae Grower

We stopped by Aquarium Plus today-- I wanted to ask Jimmy about the possibility of getting a small, rimless tank sometime in the future and was surprised to see he already had some, just in from Hong Kong!

I paid about $60 for the two in the picture below. (Rimless tanks with no shipping charges! Who'd have thought?) They came in cardboard with the dimensions printed on them, so I included it in the picture for your reference. I think the cube would look pretty nice as a saltwater nano. The other one will be planted, of course.

The glass is a little thicker than ADA tanks of a similar size, but the quality looks great and I have no complaints at all. He also had the manufacturer include black, "waffle" plastic on the bottom of the tanks so you don't have to buy a separate mat for the tank to sit on. (If you don't like it, you could easily remove it, but it seems like a good idea to me.)

Sorry for the mess in the pictures. We're getting ready to move to a new apartment and things are all over the place. Probably not the best time to buy two new tanks but I couldn't resist.

Good stuff, as usual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquariums.JPG (197.5 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg edge.JPG (149.3 KB, 131 views)
tundrafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #53
Digsy
humble bumble

PTrader: (164/100%)

Thanks for sharing this tundrafour! I always plan on getting down there and never make it. It's becoming more and more enticing with every update on what they are carrying. This place is becoming the best store in town!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:10 AM   #54
jlo
Algae Grower

Hi tundrafour,

I just got some clear logo from the company who make the tanks (they are for you rimless tanks), can you stop by somtime so I can give two of them to you?
Thank you
Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrafour View Post
We stopped by Aquarium Plus today-- I wanted to ask Jimmy about the possibility of getting a small, rimless tank sometime in the future and was surprised to see he already had some, just in from Hong Kong!

I paid about $60 for the two in the picture below. (Rimless tanks with no shipping charges! Who'd have thought?) They came in cardboard with the dimensions printed on them, so I included it in the picture for your reference. I think the cube would look pretty nice as a saltwater nano. The other one will be planted, of course.

The glass is a little thicker than ADA tanks of a similar size, but the quality looks great and I have no complaints at all. He also had the manufacturer include black, "waffle" plastic on the bottom of the tanks so you don't have to buy a separate mat for the tank to sit on. (If you don't like it, you could easily remove it, but it seems like a good idea to me.)

Sorry for the mess in the pictures. We're getting ready to move to a new apartment and things are all over the place. Probably not the best time to buy two new tanks but I couldn't resist.

Good stuff, as usual.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #55
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

I have to admit, the photos of this store earlier in the thread from 2009 make me feel nostalgic.
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:31 AM   #56
jlo
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Xavier View Post
I have to admit, the photos of this store earlier in the thread from 2009 make me feel nostalgic.
Frank, what do you think about the store now(after the new racks and tanks) and I think you will like what am I going to do, I am going to focus even more on shrimps and plants (aquascaping) I change my first rack to a shrimps only rack,and guess what I use for substrates?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:45 AM   #57
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Amazonia I bet!

I like the focus and niche appeal for your store with the new setup, I think it will make the store even more popular.

On a side note, did everything in that last package I sent you come alright?
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #58
Digsy
humble bumble

PTrader: (164/100%)

Edit: Nevermind, saw the thread below this one.

Last edited by Digsy; 09-03-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Digsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #59
connordude27
Planted Tank Enthusiast

There is going to be a load of all types of shrimp! All the racks were labeled last time i went.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #60
Bad-Daddio
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

just curious, the store's website is "under construction" and given the owner's earlier comments, i have to ask - is the store still open?
Bad-Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote