Mizu's Rimless 24 Gallon - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #31
mizu-chan
Wannabe Guru
 
mizu-chan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (24/100%)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lakewood/Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,159
Default

So I've just placed an order for the three bags of AS and I'm going to be ordering my light a bit later tonight. Yikes now I remember why all my money disappears so fast. At least to me it feels worth every penny.
__________________
mizu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #32
CL
C-A-T-S
 
CL's Avatar
 
PTrader: (79/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 9,698
Default

Wow, three bags! Are you really going to use that much?
I'll buy an extra bag from you if you have one. I was going to get three bags for my 40 breeder and it's 50% bigger
__________________
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #33
mizu-chan
Wannabe Guru
 
mizu-chan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (24/100%)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lakewood/Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,159
Default

Well we were planning to set up another smaller tank later on so I'm planning for the future (:
__________________
mizu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #34
CL
C-A-T-S
 
CL's Avatar
 
PTrader: (79/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 9,698
Default

Oh, ok lol. Good planning then haha
__________________
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #35
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001
 
speedie408's Avatar
 
PTrader: (385/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 8,277
Default

I agree with cl. Three bags for your tank is wayyyy too much. Although, it's always nice to have a extra bag of that magic soil sitting around just in case you want to start a little side tank like a 10g or something .

**edit** you guys beat me to it.
speedie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #36
mizu-chan
Wannabe Guru
 
mizu-chan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (24/100%)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lakewood/Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
I agree with cl. Three bags for your tank is wayyyy too much. Although, it's always nice to have a extra bag of that magic soil sitting around just in case you want to start a little side tank like a 10g or something .

**edit** you guys beat me to it.
Haha, yup. It didn't even take me 2 bags to fill up my 20L. Plus Colorado doesn't have any local vendors so I'd like to have some extra on hand at all times. lol.
__________________
mizu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #37
chase127
Anti iwagumi
 
chase127's Avatar
 
PTrader: (113/99%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 4,808
Default

Hahaha your safety soil
chase127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #38
macclellan
H+
 
macclellan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (208/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Knoxkilla
Posts: 5,060
Default

macclellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #39
chase127
Anti iwagumi
 
chase127's Avatar
 
PTrader: (113/99%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 4,808
Default

i concur with Jack sparrow
chase127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #40
fastfreddie
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
fastfreddie's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 755
Default

Awesome! I got in on this journal on p.3, instead of like page 1 million on the 20L. Can't wait to see that luscious growth again!

Let us know how those lily pipes work out. I think I will buy a set of those if you are pleased.

Good luck with the new school year and all the art supplies. I remember friends going into debt in college for those supplies. It's like $5 for a "special" pencil or some wierd paper, but I'm sure its necessary when you know what you're doing. $100 for tweezers, scissors, and a "spatula" seems a little strange to my wife, so I guess its the same thing.
__________________
29g Journal 10g journal 15g Journal
"Modesty is the only sure bait when fishing for praise."
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #41
Down_Shift
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (21/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Beantown
Posts: 1,381
Send a message via AIM to Down_Shift
Default

Wow can't wait. Mizu where did you order the tank?
Why'd you move out? Your tank was amazing when you had it at home
Down_Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #42
CL
C-A-T-S
 
CL's Avatar
 
PTrader: (79/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 9,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Wow can't wait. Mizu where did you order the tank?
Why'd you move out? Your tank was amazing when you had it at home
She ordered her tank from glasscages and moved out to go to college
__________________
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #43
mizu-chan
Wannabe Guru
 
mizu-chan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (24/100%)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lakewood/Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
Awesome! I got in on this journal on p.3, instead of like page 1 million on the 20L. Can't wait to see that luscious growth again!

Let us know how those lily pipes work out. I think I will buy a set of those if you are pleased.

Good luck with the new school year and all the art supplies. I remember friends going into debt in college for those supplies. It's like $5 for a "special" pencil or some wierd paper, but I'm sure its necessary when you know what you're doing. $100 for tweezers, scissors, and a "spatula" seems a little strange to my wife, so I guess its the same thing.
Haha yeah my last journal was ridiculously long. I don't have any pictures up yet because I don't have anything yet but I'm planning to just make everyone happy and post over 9,000 pictures. lol.
I'll let you know about he pipes. I think I'm only going to order in inflow on as the outflow would be too long for my tank. But we will see. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwatkins10 View Post
She ordered her tank from glasscages and moved out to go to college
Why thank you. Isn't someone a good listener (:
__________________
mizu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #44
vtkid
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
vtkid's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodstock, VT
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu-chan View Post
So I've just placed an order for the three bags of AS and I'm going to be ordering my light a bit later tonight. Yikes now I remember why all my money disappears so fast. At least to me it feels worth every penny.
I'm dealing with the same problem. my parants are always wondering why I need to put another hundred dollars into paypal.
do you have any thing planned for a scape? driftwood? rocks? plants? etc.
I cant wait for the out come.
__________________
Stumpy 10g 26g bowfront
"Turn on, Tune in, Drop out" Dr. Timothy Leary

WOODSTOCK 40 Years!
vtkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #45
malaybiswas
Wannabe Guru
 
malaybiswas's Avatar
 
PTrader: (40/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,595
Send a message via Yahoo to malaybiswas
Default

Late to join the party but never late to comment

For a 27g you'll need about 12-15L of AS for getting a nice 2" foreground and 3" background cover. What size bags are you getting? If they are 9L bags you are good, if 3L you might just cut in.

As far as the lights are concerned, I agree with hydrophyte. A combination of 10,000K and 6500K would give you better combination of blue and green wavelengths for bringing out the colors as well as provding enough PAR for the plants. None of them should give much yellowish hue. For that you need 3700K or less lights otherwise known as warm whites.

Waiting to see how this turns out. When is the setup starting?
__________________
malaybiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012