>>>>>****Oklahoma Aquarium Chat****<<<<< - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Oklahoma

Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #46
Submarinr
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

PS - change of venue on our may meeting too.. it will be at UCO - Leighanne's anniversary event has been scaled back considerably so we're doing a video presentation for this meeting instead.. (FYI)

Joe
Submarinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #47
Submarinr
Algae Grower

Default Happy Mothers Day

Hope all you moms have a great mothers day weekend.

The Oklahoma Aquarium Club May mtg starts @ 1pm today.
Meeting at UCO in Edmond.
Presentation will cover care of anemones.

Fyi our club includes fresh & marine topics
Old 06-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #48
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)

Hey sorry i just got back from vacation, we should meet up sometimes cus i wanna see ur tank
H82LOS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #49
Submarinr
Algae Grower

Anytime! (after this weekend) ;0)

email - the_submariner@hotmail.com

Here's a (semi) current pic of one of my last layouts..

These are about a month old.. I've experienced quite a bit of blue/green (bacterial) algae plus some slime/fuzz due to lack of good circulation and water maintenance, but the tank is beginning to bounce back now

and some of the fauna

Old 07-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #50
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

Lets meet up Joe!
Btw beautiful tank
Old 07-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #51
kjplanted
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to kjplanted Send a message via Yahoo to kjplanted

very well done what size is that did you get all that stuff local what type filter you running and you pushing co2
kjplanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #52
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

Here is what ive been working on:
Its ADA mini m tank with CRS (S-SSS grades) n RCS

Last edited by H82LOS3; 07-22-2011 at 04:35 AM..
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #53
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

My new 20 gal planted tank, thanks Joe for all the plants. I really really appreciate it
Fauna: CPDs, yellow shrimp, CBS shrimp (S-SSS grades)

Last edited by H82LOS3; 07-22-2011 at 04:37 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #54
Submarinr
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjplanted View Post
very well done what size is that did you get all that stuff local what type filter you running and you pushing co2
KJ/Gema, thanks for the comments.

I've done quite a bit of remodeling since these pics but more or less same concept.

To answer your questions KJ,
Tank is a 75 gallon (US), background is styro-epoxy custom
Substrate is EcoComplete Black (w/ some red mixed in w/ peat balls and black - bad idea - aquarium gravel)
Lighting is 4 X 65WCF 12 hours + 2 X 55W T5HO 10 hours
I do inject CO2 thru a bubble counter recessed into background - along w/ & just underneath filter intake tube. No idea of bps count, but enough to keep plants pearling during afternoon/evening - but not so much fish gasp at surface in morning ;0)

Also fertilize (semi) regularly w/ dry fert mix/recipe + Excel (Glut) + a liquid FE & Trace mix.

Most plants acquired thru trade on-line or w/in the OK Aquarium Club membership - not much of them available locally

I can add a list of species if you'd like (buts its extensive!)
Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #55
Submarinr
Algae Grower

Nice Work Gema, those shrimp look awesome..

Bit more light and maybe some CO2 and you could try some HC or UG for the substrate instead of the Najas (guppy grass)

I (was) growing out some UG via the dry start method but burned the whole patch up when moving it outdoors into sunlight to "speed" up the growth process... patience is a tough gig
I'm in the process of trying to locate more of it to start all over again (3 months in the making and nothing to show for it at present)
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #56
kjplanted
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to kjplanted Send a message via Yahoo to kjplanted

well im moving to the area and i love planted tanks we will have to hook up some time im going to join the club as soon as i get there sould be about a week or so thanks for all the info i know i had a 210 gallon full planted it post under the tanks check it out if you like
kjplanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #57
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submarinr View Post
Nice Work Gema, those shrimp look awesome..

Bit more light and maybe some CO2 and you could try some HC or UG for the substrate instead of the Najas (guppy grass)

I (was) growing out some UG via the dry start method but burned the whole patch up when moving it outdoors into sunlight to "speed" up the growth process... patience is a tough gig
I'm in the process of trying to locate more of it to start all over again (3 months in the making and nothing to show for it at present)
Hey Joe thanks again for the plants! I dont think im gonna use CO2 since im a college student = broke
Old 07-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #58
Submarinr
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjplanted View Post
well im moving to the area and i love planted tanks we will have to hook up some time im going to join the club as soon as i get there sould be about a week or so thanks for all the info i know i had a 210 gallon full planted it post under the tanks check it out if you like

Good to know KJ!
I checked your post list and couldn't find links to your 210 Planted post.. would love to see that!!
Always good to have another "plant-nut" in the group.. we're a very mixed lot.. some w/ just marine tanks, others just fresh, many with both ;0)

I've kept Marine (soft coral set up) but got too expensive for me to maintain 'the right way' and I am way too lazy to do regular water changes and that was the big key .. so, I just stick to my planted tanks now ;0)

Get in touch w/ me once you're local.. Our next club meeting will be at a members home in SW OKC - so be a perfect time to get to meet other club members and check out some cool tanks; planted and reef both! September's meeting is also going to be a home meeting.. and that's another one you won't want to miss.. (you too Gema!)

Hope to see you both there next month (Aug 6).. check out our forum at tokac.org or our facebook fan page _ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklaho...b/273735869347
for specific times (don't have them from the member yet ;0)

Joe
Old 07-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #59
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submarinr View Post
Good to know KJ!
I checked your post list and couldn't find links to your 210 Planted post.. would love to see that!!
Always good to have another "plant-nut" in the group.. we're a very mixed lot.. some w/ just marine tanks, others just fresh, many with both ;0)

I've kept Marine (soft coral set up) but got too expensive for me to maintain 'the right way' and I am way too lazy to do regular water changes and that was the big key .. so, I just stick to my planted tanks now ;0)

Get in touch w/ me once you're local.. Our next club meeting will be at a members home in SW OKC - so be a perfect time to get to meet other club members and check out some cool tanks; planted and reef both! September's meeting is also going to be a home meeting.. and that's another one you won't want to miss.. (you too Gema!)

Hope to see you both there next month (Aug 6).. check out our forum at tokac.org or our facebook fan page _ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklahoma-Aquarium-Club/273735869347#!/pages/Oklahoma-Aquarium-Club/273735869347
for specific times (don't have them from the member yet ;0)

Joe
Ok just let me know the time n place, u have my #
Old 08-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #60
Submarinr
Algae Grower

Ok guys and gals.. this weekend is the meeting day for our August club meet.. Time will be 5 pm (so some of our members who work can attend as well) at club member Deborah & Jerry Degraffenreid's home (I don't have addy handy but its posted on our forum at TOKAC.ORG)
Hope to see you both there (and any others lurking too!
They have TONS of HUGE fish tanks - both reef and freshwater and have just started a FW Planted earlier in the year.
Definitely will be worth the visit.
We'll also have an auction too!
Joe