29 gallon hardscaped (need plant ideas)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
chrispar0323
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

29 gallon hardscaped (need plant ideas)

so ive got my tank ready, substrates in and hardscaping is done, i need plant ideas any help is much appreciated.

chrispar0323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
chrispar0323
Algae Grower

everybody is looking but nobody says anything
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
BottomFeeder
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

How much light are you planning on using? Will you use pressurized co2?

What kind of plants do you like?
Eheim Pimp #381
Raleigh Aquarium Society Member
BottomFeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Old Salt
Algae Grower

Are you after a particular look , or theme? It is hard to recommend anything without knowing what you are after in regards to the look of the tank.
Old Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
chrispar0323
Algae Grower

i was thinking dwarf hair grass to set up a deep kinda foreground carpet and since im fairly new here i dont know what would look good around my rocks or in the back
Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #6
jazzlvr123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (36/100%)

well from first glance i would suggest finding some more rocks, those two rock are very similar in size and shape which can be un comforting to the eyes. what i would suggest is go out rock hunting in nature for some nice rocks. if you want to go with two rocks structures like you have in this setup i would suggest making one much bigger than the other. make one rock cluster the focal point of the tank (I say cluster because i always suggest surrounding the main rock with smaller ones like you would see in nature) then position the second rock cluster on the other size so its maybe half the size of your main rock cluster. this kinda makes your once big rock the focal point. however in a tank this size i would consider even jst doing one cluster of rocks on either side of the tank and let the plants do the rest.

what type of substrate is that? my assumption is just gravel. which is fine, you just need to select the correct plants for such an environment. low maintenance plants that do not require a nutrient rich substrate to survive such as anubias, java fern, Lilaeopsis, crypts stuff like that.

i look at this setup and i assume you want a non co2 low tech tank, am i correct? if so do you plan to dose any ferts? i kinda want to know where your coming from and what your goals are on this tank before i give too much advice.

Regards, Jazz
jazzlvr123 is offline   Reply With Quote