End caps
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2003, 02:26 AM   #1
Planted Member
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Madison,WI
Posts: 158

I'm planning to build a canopy for my 20H gallon tank, because I'm unsatisfied with the uneven lighting the original hood has. I've settled on a layout and I already have a ballast. My problem is finding end caps for my lights. I looked on Big Als and they are 9.99 a set. Getting 4 pairs of those would set me back quite a bit. I'm currently using butt splices, but they come off easy and are a pain to use. So I was wondering where I could find cheap reliable end caps Thanks in advance

Oh yeah, I would ODing 18inch flourescent tubes with the standard 2 pin ends.
kor4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Planted Tank VIP
GDominy's Avatar
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Victoria,British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,363

Go to the nearest industrial lighting supply outlet. Thats the easiest way of getting the parts you need..
GDominy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap lighting - ODNO GulfCoastAquarian The Planted Tank FAQ 279 02-15-2014 09:01 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012